Is taking a camera to a date lame?!

I read in one of the web sites that taking a camera to a date is awkward lame and not advisable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you photograph for a living? If you do and your date knows about it I don't see the problem. You should do thinvs centered around the idea you will need to take pictures

What Girls Said 6

• on a first date that would be odd, but if your in a relationship with someone and you going somewhere fun or nice taking a camera can be cool. and it can be really fun to look back at the pictures together. but these days most people have camera phones so it is irrelevant anyway

• I think it should be fine if you go somewhere like the zoo...But using the camera on my phone is stupid. The quality is horrible compared to my Nikon, I'm a photographer, I won't settle for crappy pictures.

• As long as it's not the first date I see nothing wrong with it, I actually think taking pics with a date is fun and cute.

• just use your phone if you need a camera

• terrible. I hate cameras.

• Why not just use your phone?

What Guys Said 3

• A small point-and-shoot shouldn't be a problem - keep it in your pocket, and don't take it out unless things are going really well (this assumes the first few dates), or you are doing something that is more commonly picture-worthy. I wouldn't carry a larger (D-SLR) type camera on a date unless you'd been together for a while and taking pics was going to be an important part of the date.

If you've been on more than 3 dates with the girl, she probably both likes you and trusts you by then, and will be a lot more comfortable being in date-related pictures. On the first couple of dates, she might not be comfortable with that yet, especially with the ease and speed that social medial allows pics to spread, so you might want to ask FIRST, before you even take the camera out, and see how she feels about it.

Bottom line: have some respect for her privacy, wishes, and comfort before you take it upon yourself to start snapping pics.

• Everything will be okay as long as you call yourself a photographer.

Trust me...I'm a photographer.

• Who cares? If you want to take lots of pics on a 1st date then yea it is creepy or weird.