What is the best way to politely say no to a date?

Pretty much what the title says... What is the best way to nicely say no to a date or when someone says, "I want to take you out"...?

Most Helpful Guy

• You keep it short and simple, say you're not interested, sorry. Try to show it on your face you're sorry, don't say it in a mean manner. You have to be honest. If the timing is not right for you, tell it then so you could say you're not interested now, but you could say that something could be possible in the future.

Expect him to ask: "perhaps some other time then?" Don't just say yes to get rid of him if you don't mean it. If it's not going to be some other time, tell him that so he knows.

No matter what you say, be honest. Don't think you'll be nice if you say what he wants to hear.

What Guys Said 9

• On those occasions, I feel freee to make up an excuse, to sparetyeir feeings. I claim I'm busy, or I'm not feeling well, or I already have a girl friend if the situation makes that plausible.

People doj't want to be psychoanalyzed or criticized when they ask you out, so I try to avoid givin that impression.

• "I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt your feelings but I also don't want to lead you on. I'm not really interested in you as anything more than a friend."

• Thank you for your kind invitation. I just don't feel the chemistry.

• " I don't want to be rude, but I'm seeing someone else already."

"I'm sorry but I'm not ready yet."

" I'm still a virgin." ; )

"That's very kind of you, but I cannot go. Please understand."

• Just say no thanks. If that doesn't work, tell him he's not your type or something like that. Then start being blunt about it.

• Friend zone...

• It's just basic manners like you would apply to any other situation. So be polite. If a waiter asks if you'd like a refill, you might say something like "no thank you" or "I'm OK, thanks". Turning down a date might take more words than that, but it's much the same thing. Just be polite and maybe a chaste smile.

Don't send mixed signals consciously through words, or unconsciously through body language.

• Just be nice about it and don't make him/her feel like a idiot for asking you out

• The best way for a guy is to be soft in delivery but firm in content. So, say, "Sorry, you seem like a nice guy and all but I'm really not interested." Say it with a smile and he'll get the idea.

If you give a lot of fluffy blow off answers, he'll think he has to pursue you.

What Girls Said 2

• "Oh, I'm sorry I'm just not interested" With a friendly smile and eye contact.

If you really DON'T want to go out with him, no adding a "right now" or "yet" or "at the moment" to that, unless you want him to think that you really do want to go out with him at some point. There was an episode of How I Met Your Mother on this but I can't remember what it was called.

• Well thanks for inviting me out, but I'm not interested