Is she playing with my emotions?

I like this girl whom I met in college. I confessed my emotions to her through Facebook and the other day she winked at me and we maintained eye contact. I gave her my number and she called the next day two times. I called her back but she pretended that there is a communication problems and she started texting me right away. we then agreed to meet up on the day and time and she seemed very enthusiastic. on the d day she sent me an sms saying that the plan is changed and her friends are coming. she asked if we could postpone the meeting to tomorrow? she sent me the sms just 5 minutes before the meeting time. so I just send her a message saying that It is disrespectful to cancel a date like this 5 minutes before the time and I said to her enjoy your day as if I am not in this world and I will do the same ? I feel that I saved my pride this way but at the same time I am a bit afraid that I overreacted.

she then send me as you like

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I think you overreacted a bit! What you need to understand is that in this stage of a woman's life friends are very important to her! Being 23 myself I know I could not live without my friends and sometimes they are more important than the guys I talk too! But she also could have a boyfriend because she pretended the was communication problems and started texting?or she just really may not be into you? You may not hear from her again because I don't know if I would call you back if it was me?

What Girls Said 7

• I can see where your coming from and I think id be a bit upset if a guy canceled a date just to go out with his friends, I know she's young but she needs to understand if she commits to a date she has to realize she has to think about your feelings too not just hers, these days girls always say their friends comes first but how on earth are they meant to keep someone or find someone to date if they keep canceling on their dates by being far too loyal to their friends like this? it's just not fair at all, there are plenty of other times she can go out with them but I bet it got you feeling like she really doesn't care about you at all if she doesn't make enough effort like that. Due to her saying "as you like" it's obvious she really doesn't care that she canceled like that and 5 minutes before the date... that is just plane rude you are right, you can find someone better who promises to stick to their plans.

• As a quick side note- My house is a really sh*tty cell zone for calls but when I can text just fine. She probably wasn't lying about the bad signal.

Also she seems to like you, and while I get your anger towards her that was a bit of an over reaction. Just meet up with her and talk to her, see what's going on.

• cancelling 5 minutes before is really rude but I've had it happen to me, this wasn't a lad liked but he seriously had the hots for me and he had to cancel because something came up, so if he could do that and still follow me round like a puppy dog id say that means very little.
    from what you have said I would definitely say she has an intrest I you especially since she called you. also I seems like she's nervous, mostly about spending time with you in person, she seems fine with talking to you via txt, do you know if she's bin intimate with people before or if she's been hurt by anyone because that could be the reason she's quite reserved. just try to give her some time and give he a chance.

• She seems like a flake. Are you sure you want to date her? People are on their best behavior at the beginning... This may be as good as it gets!

• How do you know she pretended she was having communication problems? She likes you but she is unsure of you since you came off as overly dramatic and over reactive. Don't get me wrong cancelling 5 minutes before is awfully rude but I think you could have told her that without saying you do not want to see her again.

• she probably does like you. she's just nervous to hang out with you in person because she's probably shy. she might be nervous that you won't like her in person or the conversation might be awkward

• sounds like she is playing with you emotions, she's not taking you seriously and the "communication" problems well they aren't really communication problems and it doesn't really seem like she's the one for you at this time

What Guys Said 1

• There is only one thing which can do that to me: link