Guys, do you expect anything when you pay for a date?

I went out with a guy who paid for everything. I really like him and I wanted to kiss him but I'm a shy person and very quickly left after the date because I got nervous.

So do guys expect anything like a kiss if you paid for everything? Would you be disappointed if you did pay and didn't get a kiss?

Most Helpful Guy

• first date? I wouldn't expect anything other than a hug, even if I paid for it all. Takes a little while before it gets to the kissing

What Guys Said 5

• while it would be wrong to generalize, a LOT of girls do go out on dates and expect to be treated like queens, we all like to be treated nice, but problem starts when, many girls I know would be like "he want THIS (her) he better be able to work for it and pay the prize" some say it more jokingly than others but thrust is, many women, more than they should actually believe it even if only a little, that the boy should, even before marriage or formal relationship, be the provider and PAY for her, for her attention, for her favours, many women expect that "he's the man, he should absolutely be generous", I would, venture to say is more than 60% of women who think that, half of them don't mean any harm but still, even if it is only that they don't know any better, it is a wrong mindset, to think they are the trophy that has to be bought, even if they do it subconsciously, the problem is, if for whatever reason you regard the man as the BUYER, then you can NOT expect him to be a buyer and not consider himself a client, it is JUST AS WRONG, but in the same way that a high percentage of women think of themselfs as trophies just for the fact that man chase them, in the same way men, just because they pay see themselves as THE CLIENT, therefore they feel that they deserve THE PRODUCT. not to justify my gender, I personally don't do it, but at the same time, when one of my female friends is friendzoning a boy and abusing of his attentions, like "my boy toy pays" I make a point of telling her "when he demands what he is paying for, because you know that even if he calls them gifts he gives them to you expecting something in return (there are exceptions but come'on, you notice when a gift comes from the heart and when it is for trying to win you over, you just KNOW), when he does don't expect me to take your side, he's trying to buy you and you are allowing him so don't complain later", again not all boys do it, but anyway, it is always a good idea to offer to pay yourself, he'll very likely brush off the offer but still you are setting the mindset that if he pays is because he truly wants it, not because he's buying you, and if the boy you're dating seems the "customer" type, then try harder to get him far from that mentallity, INSIST on part the check, decline the gifts or buy him some yourself, that if you are trully interested in dating him anyway, you'd want to get him out of that mistaken mindset, but be warned if you play the BUYER game, remember the customer is always right and while the seller may con him for a while at the end the one who pays is the one who can demand, so don't let them be the payers

• I do hate it when girls behave like that. In one story she will claim "a guy can't buy me" while she treats the guy like he's buying her by all that nonsense. It's like she's willingly whoring herself out: the guy has to do all that stuff for me in order to deserve me.

And it's like it's always the guy who has to work to deserve the girl, never the other way around.

• exactly, is like she puts a price tag on her, and then displays herself in the store, but once the client has purchased her and get her out of the store she is like "you are not taking me home!", "but hey! I paid", "that's your problem, I wasn't for sell", "then you should have put on the tag and should have said it BEFORE you let me pay"

• Well, if we had a good time and I really like her I would expect a kiss, but not because I paid for everything. So then I would be disappointed. But if I don't really like her, I wouldn't expect a kiss even if I paid for everything.

• Rough and plentiful sex.

In all seriousness it's just some f***ed up thing guys are meant to do.

If you like him I doubt he would turn down a kiss, lol... If you're going on another date he probably won't feel too rejected or anything.

• Personally I don't think "expect," is the right word. I don't expect anything from a girl on a date, but I don't think paying for the date will hurt my chances either.

• yeah at least a kiss, if I can't even get that I don't think there's much point in going out with a girl

What Girls Said 1

• I don't even get why men continue to pay for dates if they complain so much.

• Kind of like girls dating d-bags then saying all guys are blah blah.

But paying is just some dumb social expectation that you can't really avoid.

• Lol. I tried to pay because I don't think its fair but he still payed

• Exactly. Tell her to split the bill with you. Duh. It makes sense.