Online dating, texting, feelings and first date--could he be sincere?

So I started talking to this guy who I met online on 12/27. He seems really cool. We decided to meet up this weekend. However, I'm really nervous to meet him now because on 12/31 he tested me saying he knows we haven't met yet but is having feelings for me. He's been single for 2 years so a part of me thinks he's just desperate. Could he be sincere about this? Also, what should I do about meeting up with him? I never really dated so its nerve wrecking..

Texted*

Most Helpful Guy

• Having feelings for you within a week of online chatting is a Red Flag in my book. BUT can it really hurt to meet a guy for a date? What's the worst thing that could happen? He likes you and smothers you in compliments and a free meal? Enjoy it and walk away if it's not what you're looking for.

Accepting a date isn't accepting a marriage proposal.

But I'm not a girl so I'm not as familiar with needy desperate guys... he might turn into a nightmare if you're not interested and he ends up harassing you...

At this point go with your gut... which is a mix of your head (logic) and your heart (feelings). Does your gut say you're not really that into him? Then skip it and back out. But if your gut says it's worth the risk cause he seems fun? Then meet him some where public and set a time limit, like, "I've only got an hour cause I'm meeting a friend after this."

Let us know how it goes!

~ Robby

My Blog ( link )

What Guys Said 3

• Just meet up in a public place and take it one step at a time. No need to make it more complicated than that.

• It's best that you consider him as being sincere to his feelings and wants to know about you through dating, until proven otherwise.

And being your first date, it's best that you go there and enjoy being yourself and getting to know more about him. That should remove any nerve wrecking outcome.

• That is only one week ago. You should really be carefull. If you do decide to meet him bring mace or a rape whistle jus tin case

What Girls Said 0