Very few people have a respect for peoples time anymore

i've noticed for a while now that people don't seem to have a lot of respect for one anothers time anymore. For example, someone will tell me tell will hangout and then something will come up and then they wil text me days later saying sorry they couldn't make it even though I never heard anything from them. It's fine if something comes up but at least tell me so I can make other plans. It's sad that I have to actually plan something else out as a backup for when someone cancells. I remember one time I was trying to find someone to hangout with during the weekend. It was a Thursday, and I texted like 7 people the same day and I think two texted back and maybe one actually hung out with me. Then a few others texted back like two weeks later. lol. Anyways that's my little story. Anyone else notice how nobody respects peoples time anymore? I really don't have too many complaints but that's like my main pet peeve.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh bro I could tell you the stories... For the sake of time I will tell you just about one my friend who will do whatever is best for him that time. So we agree to meet on a bus stop in let's say 3pm. He will not show up, he will not message me or something and then when our bus is gone in 3:10 I'll call him and he'll be like oh I'm sorry I couldn't come, or I was sleepy or something. One time this same guy and I wanted to hang out in one schoolyard near our homes. I got there and I was waiting for him for about 20-30 minutes. And suddenly I saw him driving off somewhere in his other friends car. Not even a text saying "hey I am not coming" no nothing... That's when I realized that he has no respect for me and that he will leave me hanging in a heartbeat if something better for him comes up.

Since then I have been pretty much avoiding his company...

What Girls Said 2

• This doesn't really happen to me for the most part. I usually make plans and they happen, or if someone has to cancel sometimes it's whatever. I cancel sometimes too. I just find something else to do. Maybe you're giving off a vibe of how invested you are in these hangouts and it's putting people off? These are supposed to be fun, casual things, not work meetings.

• Yeah, if anything that's my number one pet peeve. It's just comes down to common decency and respect. If you say you're going to do something, do it. If not, don't say anything at all. I much rather someone tell me straight up, 'You know I can't hang out today' or 'Can we reschedule' or 'Bitch I just don't want to hang out with your ass' and I would be cool with that. But, don't sit up here, on my clock, when I can be doing something else or making other arrangements. People who do that, I don't even give them the time of day, it makes me not want to even plan anything else with them. I hate flaky people >.>

What Guys Said 1

• I hate how people try and plan my time on what I can and can't do on the weekend, which is why I plan on going away on the weekends like 70 miles away so when they call I can be all like "Hey sorry I'm about 2 hours from home can't do it today!"