How can I not be intimidated when going on a date with a beautiful woman?

If I'm on a date with a beautiful woman, or even with a plain-looking girl I really like, I tend to get really nervous. I lose my confidence and either force conversation/jokes or get really quiet and end up not saying anything. Or laugh nervously.

I'm a very plain-looking guy on my best days with the light shining properly, so what goes through my head during these dates is that this woman couldn't possibly want to go on a date with me. That she's just being nice and taking pity, that she could have any number of good-looking men that she wants. Why would she choose to spend those couple hours with me?

Especially if it's online dating. When they want to meet me, I think , didn't they get a good look at my pictures? And then when I first see them I already imagine the disappointment in their heads that I'm nothing what they had built up.

I keep thinking, "come on, don't mess this up, you've got a hot girl here, it should be easy from here, she's on this date with you"

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were you, I'd only date moribdly obese, cow-like women, draped in layers off cellulitic flab and attendant distorted facial features, that make it hard to so much as determine their species. This will fill you with confidence and assure you great success in the dating arena.

What Girls Said 2

• MAN UP

• Just think and I'm being completely serious here... "they sh*t like everyone else" that helped me with guys lol I've dated a few guys that I thought I'd never have a chance with after I stopped being intimidated :3

What Guys Said 5

• Try her and don't worry : if she annoys you, you don't need to feel any remorse about dumping her.

That's the good side with those girls: when you dump them they'll get another guy without any problem. At the first bad sign or when you're bored you can dump them. Been there, done that.

• Just be yourself. Have I been in the situation before? A few times, and each time I'm surprised that I didn't speak up sooner or just be more casual.Fact is, if a girl accepted a date or a meet-up with you, she did it for a REASON. You should be passed the intimidated stage by then, or just about. Treat her like she's beautiful yes, but HOW YOU view her as beautiful. That's the thing there.

• I know she did it for a reason, but somehow I think in my head that she's being disappointed during the actual meetup.

• You're going on a date with a hot woman, you secured the date, why are you now nervous? I wish I could get a date with a hot meal.

• it's during the actual date I get nervous. I think I don't meet their expectations.

• Dont put her on a pedastal; hot women are fairly common and should just be treated like everyone else.

• By growing up and worrying about things so shallow