Is dating taller women a barrier?

I've noticed that a lot of taller women seem to be interested in me.

They aren't drastically taller, just one or two inches, but it is a noticeable change for a guy that is used to dating girls that are shorter than him.

I always viewed this as a barrier, but it has happened a couple of times now.

They are by far the most attractive girls that are interested in me.

Does it affect the relationship at all?

Have any girls dated guys that were shorter than they were?

Is it less of a barrier than I thought it was?

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if it is for you! I'm a 5'10" woman and for one reason or another, often seem to have fallen for shorter guys. Probably because I'm most concerned about a person's good character and personality, than the matching of their height.. so being quite tall myself the odds were it would happen from time to time. Not that I haven't found them to be perfectly attractive; I quite like the compact physique of a shorter man and the way it contrasts mine.. a lot of people talk about "protective instinct" and height, but really I think this applies as much to build as anything else, and shorter guys are often sturdier, where taller women, like myself, tend to be slight.

That said; I've had mixed experiences of such relationships. Remember that if taller women are approaching you, they have already decided that your height is not barrier for them. Women need to feel loved and appreciated in a relationship, though, so if you're not 100% comfortable with the idea, it'll probably have a negative impact in the long run. I once dated a shorter guy and there was tonnes of chemistry and attraction.. only for him to develop a complex about the issue later when his friends started ribbing him about. I sensed that he was ashamed of me when he became reluctant to include me in his social activities and instead always wanted to hang out at home. Without wanting to toot my own horn, I'm generally considered to be an attractive woman, and I wasn't about to let this relationship undermine my self-esteem, so that was that.

My current boyfriend of four years is shorter than me, and we've been very happy since he's confident in himself and doesn't let it bother him. Of course his mates poke fun at times, but he chalks it up to jealousy and deflects it. After all, if it wasn't that it would be something else - there's always something!

The short of it is that you can certainly have a perfectly happy and fulfilling relationship with a taller woman if, and this is a big IF, you've got your own issues in check.

What Girls Said 6

• There is nothing wrong with dating a girl who is taller than you, I think we've all been led astray to believe that guys have to be taller than girls or it won't look right etc however this isn't the case. A relationship is based on trust, happiness and love- it will not affect a relationship. I was used to dating tall guys then I dated a guy shorter than me (weve broke up now) but we were so happy together. its not as complicated as you think, if you are attracted to a girl whos taller and she is attracted to you- go for it. Height doesn't matter.. Hope I helped :)

• I wouldn't date a shorter guy because I am short, but also because I hate feeling bigger than the guy I'm with. I like feeling little and feminine, so I date guys who are bigger and taller than I am.

But I know plenty of tall girls who have dated short guys and haven't had a problem with it. I knew a girl who was six feet tall who dated a guy who was 5'7. That was pretty odd but they were both fine with it.

• It would only affect the relationship if the guy or girl gets insecure about it, in my opinion. and it's not really something that you should let ruin a relationship.

I'm 5'6", and my ex boyfriend was like an inch or two shorter than me, and neither of us really complained about it or let it bug us, cause we both really liked each other. Height doesn't really affect a relationship unless one of you is bugged by it

• It doesn't matter to me

• barrier from what? I have never dated a shorter guy, it is a turn off.

• Not for every girl. The problem too many guys get is getting hung up on one or two women who don't want to date them and then getting all bitter about it. People don't date people for all sorts of reasons. Height might factor in for some girls, but not for all of them. Same thing for smoking, sense of humor, weight, style, location, etc...

What Guys Said 5

• No it doesn't, taller and powerful women are definitely a turn on! :) Them being interested in a guy 1-2 inches shorter than them i.e. you shows they see something more to you...and so even you should realize your worth dude! ;)

It shouldn't hurt your ego or make you feel very conscious...and since guys are 'used to' date girls shorter than them, why not try something new this time ;)

You're lucky to get attention from such ladies, It wouldn't be a barrier in anyway ,neither socially nor in bed... ;) :D

• I'm not sure yet, but I think it is. I wouldn't know what to do with a girl who's as tall as I am or even taller. Perhaps I will a great girl like that some time and see what it's like and it may be good, you never know.

• It's only a barrier if it is for the other person. For me, I wouldn't mind dating a woman taller than me (even though I'm 6'0"). I look at it this way, not many guys can say "my girlfriend is taller than I am", just like not many people can say "I microwaved a cigarette lighter", but the former is obviously much much safer. But seriously though, the idea is kind of cool. And look at it this way, if these girls are interested in you, it shows they're not shallow.

• Taller women <3<3

• i sure as hell hope not, I am like 5 cm (about 2 inches) shorter than a girl that I want to dig out with.