• Ask
  • myTake

How to interest guys my age?

Have any other girls experienced this? I never seem to be able to interest guys my own age but rather guys around the mid-late 20s mark.I say this because I have only ever been approached/asked on dates or given the ‘eyes’ by guys who either are or look to be this age group. I am 17, but guys my age take absolute 0 interest in me and I can’t figure out why or how to get them too? I do talk to them, but there is almost always no interest or ‘click’ and conversation soon becomes as dead as a dodo with absolutely no way to revive it. Anyone else have the same situation? Or any suggestions how I can, I don’t know, turn this around? I’d like to start dating in my own age group but it doesn't seem possible for me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• One thing you need to realize is that starting in your early teens, girls mature (emotionally) much faster than guys, and by the time you're in high school, you're 2-3 years ahead of guys your age in emotional maturity, on average. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but overall, at 17, guys your age have the emotional maturity you did at 14-15. That makes it hard to relate to them in any kind of relationship.And that's why girls tend to date guys who are a little older than they are. That's true from Jr High all the way through college and beyond, because guys don't tend to "catch up" in emotional maturity until their late 20s or early 30s, on average.As someone else mentioned, this also means that guys your age are more likely to be shy or lack the confidence to approach you, even if they are attracted to you, while older guys will have more confidence, and so they'll be more likely to approach. All that is normal, and it isn't something you're likely to change. You can try to find one of the few guys who is more emotionally mature, but you may find that those guys usually aren't among the "attractive/popular" guys, but usually among the shy or geeky guys (but ones who still have some social skills).

• Yes I was kind of aware of the maturity thing not so much the confidence part though.Thank you! this advice was really useful!

What Guys Said 9

• Perhaps, on your group, you are all beautiful and there's this one girl who really stands out, that means he gets the guys. Or you're not making anything to stand out like socializing with your friends/classmates often.Sitting in the library/somewhere away from public view always keeps you out from their reality.The best I can come up with is because at your age, guys are often shy at approaching. They still haven't realized fully their core confidence. The reasons guys in their 20s mark only approach you is because they have the time to socialize while guys at your age are busy at home, making homework/busy partying and you are not there.

• Yeah that is somewhat true I do go to libraries a lot but that's only because I need to study. Maybe I probably could try being a bit more sociable. anyway thanks for the answer!

• Simply put, on average, guys in your age bracket are less confident than guys in their mid-late 20s and up.

• Pick one you like and tell him you like him. You'll be surprised how often that works.

• guys your age have no balls and guys in the twenties have a few notches and can ask you out and they want that fresh pink taco that's not been corrupted by lots of phalluses.

• LMAOOO

• Salute!

• best answer biatches

• ...you could add them on x box live and chat whilst playing cod... either that or just stay single till (what you Americans call) college lol

• Most guys are shy at that age. And it depends on how developed you are. If you look like a straight up woman. They are more than likey really intimidated

• I know you're asking for feedback from girls, but here's what might be the case: Girls are more mature than guys at your age. Girls mature faster than boys. You may well be very, very attractive (and developed) and to some guys your age that makes you seem out of their league. Do you plan on going to college? If you do, I guarantee you that things will get better in terms of guys closer to your age being interested in you.

• I am ready for a life long relation with you

• Pervert. :-)

• lol you didn't read the Q did you?. Thanks! but I think I will have to pass on that.

• Well it's nice that you're actually wanting to be with someone your own age...I've seen so many people on here that are dating people they shouldn't be dating.However the problem with your age group is that they are simply too immature and boring to want to be in a relationship.They're probably flirts and don't really want to be in a relationship at your ageJust look at me, I'm 23 and I talk to many many girls yet I could never be in a relationship right now because I just simply don't want one right now. Why? Because I wouldn't be able to sustain one until I'm ready for one

What Girls Said 1

• prob won't happen guys our age are immature which is why no clik or conversation... older guys are more approachable don't be afraid of a few years older...i take it your virgin so you want guy your age for sexual compatability too yes?

• Well I guess they can be immature which sucks lol. Um woah, lol interesting conclusion you got there but not entirely no. I think I'd just feel more comfortable dating someone closer to my age.Thanks for the answer!

• He he explain how you can be not entirely a virgin is there new tablet on the market lol . How much older have you been dating then. Do they put their teeth in s bedside glass at night