How do you get ready for a date guys?

What is your routine for getting ready for a date? How long does it take you to get ready? Do you dress up a little more like jeans, button down, and nice shoes? Do you pluck unwanted hair on your face? Shave? Check out your body in the mirror?

What goes on! Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. If it's a coffee meet up I'm not putting a ton of effort into it since I don't know if I'll even be there long if I'm not that into her. I'll wear my usual everyday clothes- White t-shirt with a blue or gray semi-glossed dress shirt (I got to say, I've really been feeling the sky blue lately like this link ), then I've got some dark blue jeans, some of them are almost an off black while some are a bit more dark blue faded. I've got a chestnut color belt that matches the semi-casual Timberland Chelsea Earthkeepers. No laces and crazy comfortable.

But that's if I'm doing a quick get together, generally a first date just to test the water and see if I really want to go out on a legit date. If we're talking a legitimate date where I've decided I want to pick her up, take her to dinner, then do something special (varies by person, season, etc.) then I'm putting more effort in.

For starters, I'm adding a casual dinner jacket of some kind into the mix ( link this guy knows what I'm talking about haha) . The white t-shirt is left out, the dress shirt is going to a darker gray or black depending on what I think looks good. I stay awake from flashy colors, I'm not Kanye West here.

Aside from the style aspect, I think a shower should go without saying (I don't even like doing anything before starting the day off with a shower haha), brushing teeth as well. I don't much like shaving, but I do so before a date, definitely. I make an effort to get my car spotless. I will first clean out any possible garbage or any items like books and such. I usually ride alone, so I have a habit of tossing school books, cd's, etc. onto the passenger side and forgetting about it. Next I take it to the car wash. From there, I hit the vacuum, get the carpets all clean. Then I wipe the interior down and all that jazz, clean the interior windows, really make it spotless. I think keeping your car clean shows that you'd care enough to be embarrassed by a messy car. You care enough about the impression you make on people to give some effort. I think that's important. People that aren't serious about how they look and the impression they give, well that attitude is rarely isolated to just that aspect of their lives. I think how you present yourself is a reflection of who you are.

Anyway, I should add if I even think I need a haircut, that's mandatory as well. I put a fair amount of effort into an 'actual' date because things don't rarely get past coffee dates. (Generally we end up just friends and hanging out at bars instead.)

What Guys Said 10

• Shower, put on some cologne and deodorant, shave, and hair cream for starters. As to what I'm wearing, it depends on what we're doing at first and the time of year. If we're going to a nice restaurant, I'll throw on a pair of jeans, a polo or button-up shirt, and a good sportcoat. If coffee, button-up shirt and jeans. Just a couple of ideas. It will take me about 20-30 minutes to get ready.

• fap

shower

dress

redress

cologne

deo

teeth

wait

leave

• shower

brush teeth

brush hair

get dressed

10-20 min max.

• 5min. I'm not going to church, do i?

• All depends where we're going for the date and such but yea always shave even if you've got a beard trim it up I usually trim up the whole body honestly because ya never know lol but yea if it's just a casual date some Jeans and a button down shirt and dress shoes but somewhere real fancy I'd suit up basically sometimes may even do some a couple sets of pushups to get myself swelled up and check the mirror all depends prob not if you're suited up though haha

• shower, shave, pluck unwanted hair, deodorant, gel in my hair, wear button shirts, jeans

• just shower and shave and put something on, that's about it...

• Jump in shower, and wak some clothes on!

• id dress extra good for you sweetie ;p

• Depends the guy and depends where I'm going for what I ware but I just sh*t shave shower do my hair and get dressed takes me like 40 min or so give or take a few

What Girls Said 0