Do you prefer texting, calling, or face-to-face conversations?

Which of the three is your favorite means of communication with the opposite gender? I find guys much prefer texting to actual speaking with a girl, but I wonder if that just means he thinks of you as a friend (as opposed to calling you or trying to just ask you out).

Please pick your favorite in the poll and explain your choice. :)

• Texting is my favorite.
  • Emailing is my favorite.
  • Calling is my favorite.
  • Meeting is my favorite.

Most Helpful Girl

• Face to face conversations for me! Texting is just handy when you plan to meet up and to say a time and place or something. It's not good for whole conversations since it's online (same as emailing) and sarcasm or jokes aren't as good than in person, things can be interpreted wrong and arguments will arise.

I don't like to call since I don't always know what to say then, same with texting it's handy to agree to a time and place over the phone and then meet up in person.

• Thanks. Yes, I feel the same way. Seeing a guy who is VERY into texting and tends to monopolize my time with texting. It's cute when he's away, but I'm not a fan of texting when he's actually just a few miles away from me and can just come over...

• Oh God, I hate it when someone keeps an ENTIRE conversation with me over text, just call me or meet up if he/she wants to talk!

• Exactly, lol.

What Guys Said 7

• Most of us over 30 prefer face-to-face, ;real time' contact. I only text out of necessity; if I have anything I consider important to tell someone, I will usually wait until I can see them without electronics, unless it's an emergency or some situation where I have to contact thm right away.

When tender feelings might be hurt, I resort to texting over calling since that way they can decide when,how, or if, to answer me. I don't like calling people with bad news or information that demands a decision on their part. Not unless time is of the essence would I call them. I''d text, whenever the situation is delicate.

• I only like to use text if I'm in a crowded place and trying to find a person. "Where are you?"/"On my way." are the staple messages. Now this guy is texting me throughout the day. Clearly texting is his favorite mode of communication, though he picks and chooses when he will opt for live convo over texting. Yes, bad news (like when he has to cancel on me) is always in txt; good news (asking me out) is sometimes text, sometimes live.

• This guy is on my wavelength, although I would never romance someone by texting. That's for married couples, people like me!

• Personally, I prefer a combination of text, talk, and meeting. Meeting is my fav because nothing beats face to face convo. Besides, sext and phone sex pale in comparison to the real thing. I dated a chick and she only wanted to txt. She even often claimed she was too busy to meet. Basically, we were penpals needless to say it was a very short relationship. :P

• Face-to-face all the way, followed by texting.

• I like face-to-face

• face to face is generally best, but if not that then at just talking via IMs.

• Face to face.

It just sort of feels more 'engaging' as opposed to like reading text or just talking over the phone.

• You can't have sex over the phone. Come on over and bring the movies.

• Lol. I see. The direct approach.

• brilliant sexist joke comeback, my good sir

• Direct and playfully sexist. It works. (Most of the time.)

What Girls Said 6

• I appreciate face to face time.Personally,I hate talking on the phone to people I don't know.Texting is fine,but I don't always want to text a guy...its so impersonal. If a guy can't properly ask me out face to face,or on the phone...then I won't even consider dating him.I don't have time for guys who want to text all day followed by asking me out via text.Tacky.

Some guys,in my opinion...use texting because they are shy and nervous.But asking someone out via text?BAD dating etiquette.

Excepting a text date in my eyes,just means that the guy is being as LAZY as he wants to be...which will probably be setting the tone for what's to come in the future.And the girl to except such behavior,is just as desperate as she wants to be.

• Whether it's with a guy I have a crush on or my grandparents...I'm an all or nothing kind of person with communication. I like it either somewhat impersonal with few non-verbal cues (texting/e-mail/IM) or with all of the above (face-to-face). I'm not sure why I'm that way, I just always have been. I hate talking on the phone and I avoid it as much as I can. I don't like not being able to see the person I'm hearing.

• I'm not into texting.. Sometimes I only check my phone when I'm about to sleep. Lol. I prefer face to face convos, but not too much. You got to miss each other once in a while.. :) if he's away for a long time, calling and IMs are great :)

• Face to face... BEST!

• I was assuming meeting wasn't a choice so that's what I based my answer on...my favorite means of communicating if it isn't in person. I like being able to hear someone's voice. A text is OK if you just need to ask a quick question but it is not a good means for conversation or discussion. You need to be able to hear a person's tone of voice, if they stress certain words, etc. There can be a lot of misinterpretation with texting or emails.

• Face to face is my faverite phone is OK when your a long ways apart . Don't really use text would be OK to set up meeting.