Why is it so hard to date a hot girl?

A conversation I had with someone last night got me curious.

What if she is not high maintenance? What if she is completely trust worthy and loyal to the guy? Obviously she is going to have guys waiting for her to be single but she is only interested in her bf?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are used to getting a lot of attention, so talking to them or even taking them on a date isn't something incredible. Other guys are always distracting them, and they have a lot of options, so are less likely to dive into a relationship just to be with someone.the chances are even if you are dating a hot girl there bound to be 15+ guys just waiting for the chance to snatch here away from you. plus she has the looks she can get any guy she wants, she can demand money, expensive dates dinners, etc. Basically in Short She can also be HIGH MAINTENANCE

Plain jane girls don't get as much attention so when a guy even talks to them they freak out and get all excited.

• in that case most guys get freaked out when a hot girl approaches them, but you just have to assure them you like the, try no mind games like if you want to hangout with them ASK THEM to hangout, if you want to call or text them DO IT instantly. And most important BE STRAIGHT FOWARD & DIRECT in your hints. :)

What Guys Said 8

• Because guys get the "she's a rare supply" mentality, and they need to do everything to get her on on their hands, like spending luxuriously on her, and changing their personality and lifestyle just for her because people like her are hard to come by.

It could also be the hot girls are very maintenance and guys get the "she's out of my league" mentality, and they settle just staring at her from a distance.

• And what if they did not need to do any of that stuff to get her. She likes him just the way she is?

• That was pretty much what my friend said.

• ha ha... Good Question..

Beauty > is always Dangerous

..

• Because hot girls always having guys pursuing them and they are always going out multiple dates at once, increasing the competition between guys. Thus, it's going to be really difficult to land this girl as your girlfriend, you're gonna need to need the whole package. I.e. you have to be physically appealing with an amazing personality and a lot, if not all, guys are lacking somewhere. After all, nobody is perfect. Which is what most guys don't realize about hot girls. They aren't perfect either. But because a lot of guys don't see this, they try their hardest to impress these girls.

• I think you have given the most eye opening answer.

• ...( he might not trust her though) but he doesn't trust the other guys' intentions and is worried that at some point the hot girl will be tempted to cheat on him or find someone better than him.

• Don't get me wrong he is my friend but too bad for him because I think she really, really cared for him and was devestated when he cheated. I didn't know her too well but enough to say that she was probably the best thing that ever happened or will happen to him. In the area of dating anyway.

I hope it goes well for you.

• Because they are high in demand, a lot of them have big egos, are high maintenance, materialistic, and superficial.

• I don't have an issue with dating hot women :). Looks are pretty independent of personality.

• I wish more guys were like you. :)

• Usually the hotter the girl, the more guys they're going out on dates with. So then it kind of becomes a huge competition. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but that's basically why its harder.

• That makes sense. How about when you and her are exclusive? Sure she may get hit on when you are not around but she always politely says she is not interested and she has a boyfriend. I know there is no way of knowing that for sure since you are not there but still she is doing that.

• That's perfectly fine. I only said "usually the hotter the girl, the more guys they're going out on dates with." I know there are some who like to be exclusive. Those are the best.

• those girls are more picky

• In my opinion:

- She would be high maintenance

- Have like unrealistic expectations. Practically wants to be treated like a queen day in and day out. Expects the guy to always pay for her/do sh*t for her and complains to the point of annoyance when things don't go her way.

- Not to mention she's usually egotistical and to be blunt, pretty bland. (Since she's mainly relied on looks)

• And how many hot girls have you met? Enough to say that is a fair representation of what they are like? None of my hot friends are anything like that.

• I'd say enough to at the very least form some general opinion. I can really only go on those experiences. It would be unrealistic for me to say that applies to every single hot girl since there's bound to be a fair few who don't act that way.

And FYI, there can be a big difference between what you and your gf's consider "hot" compared to what guys' consider "hot". Any above average looking girl will get hit on, however, I wouldn't necessarily say that automatically makes her hot.

• I am going by what guys consider hot.

• hot girl are a pain in the ass to deal with, they think the world is owed to them just because they are so good looking and get a lot of attention. Hot girls are OK to have sex with but not date or have a relationship with.

• I keep hearing that but none of my hot friends are like that. Is this something that is just assumed about hot girls or are the hot girls where I come from just different than everywhere else in the world.

• I have seen American reality TV and I think those people are deliberately picked for the drama they cause. It makes for good ratings. However, I do not believe they are a true representation of reality. The producers also set them up for emotional turmoil for added drama.

• correct, but stupidity sells for a reason. And it's a caricature of what the country is about in terms of behavior and relationships.

What Girls Said 2

• You have to be really secure to be dating someone who is "hot". If you're not secure then you are going to have issues of jealousy, trust,etc. On the flip side if the girl realizes she is "hot" she can be pretty high maintenance which make a relationship with anybody diffcult for her.

• That is what my guy friend said. The first part anyway. I know lots of girls who know they are hot and are not high maintenance at all. Some are but most are not. It's the ones that are hot but don't put all their self worth into their appearance that are not high maintenance.

• Then it shouldn't be hard to date her...unless you're insecure. I don't mean that to sound mean because my man is very insecure and it really takes a toll on him and our relationship.

• You are absolutely right. It shouldn't be but so many guys think it is and I was curious as to why. I hope your boyfriend gets over it.