Are you offended when a woman says she is not into kissing?

I've never been into making out. I know sounds odd. But seriously even as a teenager I never enjoyed spending time on the couch running around first base.

I've been dating a lot lately and it seems like every guy wants to kiss after the first or second date. I've been sort of getting some awkward looks when I tell them that I am not into kissing. They are thinking I'm some sort of prude; but that is far from the case. I seriously don't like trading spit with anyone.

A few of these guys have tried to prove to me that I have just been kissed poorly. That usually ends with me trying not to bruise their ego.

I've had plenty of sex without touching lips on many occasions. Apparently I'm the only one of my group of girlfriends who feels this way. A lot of them feel like they have to kiss in order to have sex.

Anyways...your thoughts please.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not that uncommon. I am like you. Kissing is boring and does not bring much pleasure at all. If any sometimes it's so awkward. Not because the guy is a bad kisser but because I don't really like it. It bothers some guys for sure.

• I was beginning to think I was the only one. The crazy part is when they try so hard to show you how great they are at kissing. Like it if is going to somehow change your mind on the whole concept.

• Thats their prideful ego.

What Guys Said 13

• Unusual yes but not uncommon - for someone to say no to a kiss.

While I may not or never want to ksis on a date, but when it comes to showing afections it is generally mutual.

AGAIN, while about to or making out there's no kiss (even if not in the beginning but at least eventually) it makes me feel distant and as if sex has been had just for the sake of having sex without any passion (not mixing it with romance)

Apart from the fact that somehow humans have been ordained by nature to have sex in a certain way and that involves kissing on the lips. Men perceive it as passion and women generally perceive it as romance / love etc; ofcourse there are exceptions to this just as any other.

Bottomline I may not want to do it with that person again EVEN if she's been awesome in looks, shape and acts.

Kissing is very instinctive and natural ...

By 'kissing' I mean lip to lip :D

AND you certainly are not alone in this world :D - like I've said 'there are exceptions'

• Yeah this could work out against you, as guys do like kissing, and it really does get the balls banging, going directly to sex would really be boring, I would want to make out and progress, not just jump in and explore, I like to warm the pistons first and kissing is ideal for this,x

• Kissing is part of the mating ritual for the local population of Homo Sapiens. You can skip it, but it's gonna be perceived as unusual. It might cost you some opportunities to get naughty, but that's cool if you're cool with it.

I'm curious. When you have kissed is it just nothing special or do you actively dislike it? Is it just mouth to mouth kissing that doesn't work or all kissing? I love kissing women in a whole range of places that aren't her mouth. Some of em seem to like it a lot.

• I'm not into mouth to mouth kissing. I love being kissed in other places and kissing men in other places too. Don't get me wrong if a guy comes in for a kiss I'll let him get a peck or two in. But I'm like okay can we get to the good stuff. I've never lost out any opportunity to get naught because of it. Just seems like the guy is offended that I don't want to make out.

I think we need to change conventional mating rituals...let's switch which lips should be kissed first.. :) JK

• Its nothing. You have very high amount of negative thoughts attached with the action of kissing or lets say that area of your face. You seem to be over-hygienic too. Your mentioning of -- >"trading spit" explains it, about how you actually imagine kissing to be. Its like first you both bring out that bubbled saliva out of your mouths and then actually spit on each other and trade it. Yucks! even I would want to stop kissing if its so! ... getting it ? So stop imagining bad and you'll overcome on to this.

Try to think positive about kissing, like your lips will touch his lips and you both will have soft feeling which will give rise to a more mutual bonding and etc. etc... This will help you become comfortable at kissing.

• Are you affectionate in other ways?

Are you uncomfortable with your mouth/face being involved with body fluids in other ways?

• Well that's uncommon for sure. Tongue is an erogenous zone after all and I think kissing (deep, french kissing) is one of the best foreplay. I'd be bothered if my partner doesn't want to kiss.

• If I was a guy dating you...that would be a deal breaker. Simply because 1) I know I take care of my oral hygiene, and 2) I'm a very affectionate guy that likes kissing.

• I've known one girl that wasn't really isn't into kissing. I wasn't offended I just didn't really like that part about her.

• I wouldn't want to date you. Being affectionate is very important to me.

• I would be more confused than offended. If a girl I met doesn't like kissing, then so be it. We wouldn't have to do that!

• Is this only full on making out or includes cute smooches as well?

• I wouldn't be offended and my girlfriend is not into kissing that much herself, we have plenty of sex without touching lips too.

• "Apparently I'm the only one of my group of girlfriends who feels this way."

No surprise. In fact I would venture to guess you are one of the few women on the planet. You have some challenges because, not only do most women want to kiss, men expect that fact and don't really think in terms of getting from A to C without visiting B.

If you are interested in having sex with a guy, you're going to somehow have to let him know it's OK to go to C without B. I would think that would be a challenge, since it's normally a natural progression.

What Girls Said 0