Is greeting with kiss on the cheek a good idea?

Hey, so I'm going to be meeting up with an old crush soon. Haven't seen her for years but we text regularly. Lately the texts have seemed kinda flirty, so I was thinking about greeting her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek to give it more of a date vibe and judge her reaction to make sure we're on the same page.

Girls, any problems with this? Anything to keep an eye out for?

(I want to get it out of the way early to hopefully break the ice and make a goodbye kiss more likely.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say the most imortant thing is to do something to provoke a reaction right away. The kiss is great. If that works, then reach down and pat her behind. She'll be taken off guard that way and you'll know right away if she's still a crush or just an old friend.

What Girls Said 2

• I think a nice ALMOST lingering hug should do the trick just fine. I think hold off on the kiss on the cheek. It might be a little awkward if you plan it out. You don't wanna start it off on a weird note, plus you never know what her boundaries are or how slow she takes things. Just give her a nice hug and then let her do some work too and see how that goes!

• I mean if you like her feel she does make that move but if you want to stay on the friend page I wouldn't do that.

What Guys Said 2

• You haven't seen her in years, so I'd take it easy on first contact. You don't want to use this as a test because it can de-rail everything before it begins if you inject awkward vibes.

Don't plan these things out, just go with the flow.

• You might be right, but a hug is pretty much guaranteed unless something has seriously changed. I guess we'll see.

• Yeah a hug is pretty standard for someone you know more than an acquaintance. But trying to plan out a kiss or whatever seems kind of silly and unnecessary.

• I've got friend zone issues... Wanted to go on the offensive. I see your point though.

• start with a hug, if it feels like a date vib, then at end when you are saying goodbye do the kiss