Is this true about guys texting?

I've been told that if a guy only texts you at night like late early morning, you are only seen as a booty call? Is this true?

Most Helpful Guy

• if a guy ONLY texts you during the "night shift" hours it is probably fair to say that he is only interested in sex. That or he is nocturnal and sleeps all day. If he doesn't pursue anything in these texts though it could just be a time when he is loneliest. Either way if a guy is a ghost until after midnight it is likely that he isn't really REALLY into you.

What Guys Said 4

• no. at least not for me. I don't have a cell phone but I do use a messaging program on my comp.

if he text's you at night and when he wakes up that means he has you on his mind.

• lol, who told you this nonsense?

• This guy that is sort of taken the role as my "big brother" with dating advice. lol

• lol, you need a new dating adviser then, don't know what else he told you but from what I see, he knows nothing

• Not as far as I know.

• No.

What Girls Said 4

• Um. Well, firstly, normal men have jobs. And usually don't text during them unless required, able, or have a slow job with ample texting time.

Secondly, let's say they don't (Which in some of these cases, why would you really want him texting you anyway?), perhaps they have a social life or hobby that preoccupies their days.

And further, if they as of yet have no emotional attachment and are sane men who don't cling desperately to female attention, well there's a good reason. Until they have a reason to feel like they're appropriate to be texting you 'round the clock, something that makes them feel secure about making any attachment, they're not going to be inclined to frequently contact you.

Mornings and evenings are relaxed times during which texting is acceptable and the perfect opportunity to GET to know the girl well enough to eventually text her during other times.

If it's just casual chit chat and they keep within boundaries, it's a good indicator that they're using a respectable time (and more apt to be a responsive time on your end as well) to get to know you.

Would you rather have a dog contacting you by day (implying here that dog behavior is dog behavior any time it's occurring), or a respectable guy with interesting and relevant convo messaging you by night?

Judge his behavior and actions, not his timing.

• Depends on what he talks about.If he talked sexually yes.

• I have one guy who ONLY texts me in the wee hrs of like 2-3 am and yes, it usually gets sexual. The other guy, is usually a normal conversation. light flirting. and not so late, more like 9pmish-12am.

• The first guy yes its a booty call.

• Well think about it if he texts you late night with winking faces and flirting never texts any other time with a conversation. I would say so..

• If he steers it in a sexual direction then yes it's a booty call, if it's just normal talk then no, I'd say it wasn't.