Dating a flake. Should I let him go?

I've been seeing this guy that I've known since college for almost four months. He lives two hours away. He is a travelling business man & is in town quite often. His job in the medical field so his job is top priority. Lately, he has been really flaky on me. His communication sucks and just this past week he has been in town and has cancelled on me like 3 times for work. Saturday, I was supposed to come up to see him but yet again work came up. Then yesterday he was in town and we were going to meet up for lunch and he told me to wait and I never heard from him. He helps me out financially which is great but he has been acting super weird. He told me that he is suffering from a potential nervous breakdown. I am not sure if it is bi-polar disorder or what. Because he really does distance himself from me, like going MIA maybe a little depressed. So, I don't know if that is complete BS or true. This man works 110 hours a week complete workaholic. So, what should I do move on? Or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• if he is working that much he frankly doesn't have time to apply himself to a relationship. So on your end you have to decide are you OK with accepting whatever free time he does devote to you as being adequate because frankly if I worked 110 hours a week I would feel like any free time I have is going to be my free time where I focus on myself 100%.

Additionally if he is really going through a nervous breakdown or is bipolar certainly working that much can trigger mental breakdowns especially if he is already prone to them

He does sound flaky but with his mental health concerns and insane work schedule it is not surprising that his behavior is flaky

What Guys Said 5

• 110 hours is the maximum you can humanly do. I've done that. It means 0 time for ANYTHING else. Including you.

So if he actually works that much, he's not flaking cause he's seeing other chicks he's not seeing anyone so that's a plus I guess. And then that's about it. I mean just wait till his nervous breakdown then he'll want to cuddle :)

• If he only has time for work, then you probably should leave him behind and go look for someone else.

• The more time you spend with him, the more caught up you will be with him.

MOVE ON!

• Move on and do not take anymore of his help

• Yeah, I think you should find some schmuck that will focus all his attention on you.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should move on. He doesn't seem to have the time or desire to invest in a relationship, and who wants to be in a relationship with a flaky workaholic anyway? Add in his traveling schedule, and you'll likely be just one of his many girlfriends he keeps around.

Also, why in the world would you accept financial help 4 months into dating? It doesn't seem like you two are even in much of a relationship, and this is just a way for him to buy you into putting up with his behavior. Romantic dates and gifts are one thing, but paying your bills is quite another.