Is it a bad sign if a girl insists on other people being present on the first date(s)?

Double dating, bringing a friend...

I think it's a nuisance... But is it a bad sign?

You'd be happy to know that tonight is our first get together with just the two of us.
It's definitely going somewhere. Lots of hugging and kissing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it says more about the girl than you. It's probably a sign that they just feel more comfortable having more people around for the first date. Perhaps it's so there are less chances of awkward moments or perhaps so if the date is bad at least there are other people around to make it more bearable.

I don't think it's a good or bad sign necessarily but could just be a sign of the girl's comfort level on first dates. First meetings can be weird and for her having a friend there just eases the tension and nerves

What Girls Said 8

• Lol that reminded me of a smaller situation that accord couple

Of months ago.

This guy was dying to meet me, he saw a picture of me on my friends

Phone (which is her friend as well) he tuke my number

And kept trying to meet me, I said no couple of times and I actually

Cancelled on his 2 times, then one night I said okay let's meet up,

I tuke my friend with Mr because I wasn't really interested in him and

Honestly didn't wanna be alone with him.

Girls can be really sneaky, she might just wanna go out with u

But isn't really interested so she's gonna bring a friend, so if the

Date is lame they just leave together..

Truth hurts lol

• I tend to like larger crowds at first because it eases the blow and makes it less awkward for the both of us. Once we become more official and serious then an intimate setting seems more appropriate.

• Not necessarily, some people are just shy on first dates, having other people around takes the pressure off a bit, I've had guys who have asked me out and made the first couple of dates group dates and the relationships ended up being for at least a yr. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with it.

• No, not necessarily, its a safety thing. Even if you know the guy because often times those are the people you really have to watch out for.

• yeah it is. it means she doesn't trust you. that's why I've done that

• It could just mean she's too nervous and afraid to go alone and have nothing to talk about, or she's shy.

• FRIENDZONED

• I think it depends on the kind of date. If it's a date where you're just meeting offline, it's understandable.It's a safety thing. However, if you've known each other a while I don't know why they would. I don't really do the online dating thing, but if I did then I would want a friend with me for the first meeting. However, any other kind of date I would just want it to be the two of us.

What Guys Said 13

• If you met online initially, or asked her out when she was a complete stranger to you, then for the first few encounters I can understand this (lots of weird dudes out there).

If this is a pattern than imo she either dlesnt trust you or isn't romantically interested. Both are equally bad imho.

• Maybe or maybe not. If a girl insists that other people are present on first date(s), it's a sign that she's nervous or not ready at the moment. Or she doesn't completely trust you yet. Or she wants someone to "rescue" her when she does something embarrassing.

• What defines a date is that there are only 2 people involved, among with some certain other things..

So, she either:

-Friendzoned you

..as what she wants is to hang out as buddies

-Doesn't trust you

..probably your "date" will also be in a crowded, public place and those other people coming with her will be armed bodyguards

• I didn't come to learn things about another couple, if she can't handle hanging out one on 1, sh*tty for her.

• Yeah...big red flag. Don't do it. Hold off on group dates until after she's your gf.

• its a backup plan, and it avoids the awkward "date is going badly but I can't just leave" feeling

• She is most likely quiet and reserved.

• Not at all.

• Extremely bad. If the girl is in to you she should want to have alone time with you. If she's not she needs to bring entertainment or a buffer.

• Let us know how it goes.

• Hugging and kissing with other people present?! Or did you get alone time afterwards? That's definitely a good sign. Well done! Now you should be able to plan a real one-on-one date.

• See all updates, we went one on one

• It's definitely not a good sign that's for sure

• I would have thought it was for safety reasons. If it's a double date then maybe it's because she's nervous or shy and would like other people there to make it a more comfortable atmosphere. Bringing just one friend on the other hand is kinda weird. Maybe she just wants to be treated and doesn't have any desire to actually date you.

• I have a female friend that my girl and I go on her first date with someone whenever she meets a guy. It's my idea actually. She was attacked on a first date with a guy once and had a similar incident at another time and it's not good for her to be alone with a stranger until she sees she can trust him. She's a gorgeous, model looking girl with a beautiful face, long legs (5'9) and a great body and she gets A LOT of attention but some of it is from creeps so double dates are kind of a safety issue.

There could be any other reason for a girl wanting a double date though. I don't see why it would be a bad sign.

• It can be but, It may be something simple that she's nervous having a one-on-one talk with you and wants a friend there to ease into things. Be optimistic about it and see how it goes! If she had no interest in you or had reservations, you wouldn't have a date at all!