Guys how do you feel about dating girls younger than you?

Not like 2 or 4 years but 6-10 years younger? I'm still in undergrad and the guys who I have met and I'm around I'm not attracted to but guys 6, 8, or 10 years older I'm attracted to.

Would you date a girl 6-10 years younger than you?

I'm asking from the perspective of a 20 year old. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on the girl. I'd say the majority lack maturity, but some are different. I don't bring age up in conversation unless she's mentally too young for me. Then I use it as an excuse, mainly because I'm not mentally attracted to her and it would never work out. Those that I feel I have good chemistry with, and are able to hang intellectually, are mature enough, and have some sort of responsibility for themselves and direction in life I won't even think to ask her age. She'll eventually bring it up but at that point age is just a number if everything else is in line. I'm alright with it, but the chances of a 10 years are slim to none while 6 years is relatively normal in my opinion.

What Guys Said 7

• I dated a girl who was 22 and she was 10 years my junior, and we clicked really well, the only thing that really broke it off was her desire to go out clubbing where my desire then was a restaurant or wine bar, but we remained good friends after a 5 year relationship and I am now godfather to all her children, so there's no reason why it cannot work but obviously reasons why it don't work either,x

• The youngest I'd date is 20 (I think that's even pushing it to be honest). I cannot date an 18 year old though. No way.

• 6 yars would be my limit

• I'm all for it. Sadly they seem to be less keen...

• I'm 26 and recently returned to college. I routinely go fo girls a young as 20. My last date was actually with a 18 year old, (but she looked older and I didn't know she was 18 until after I asked).

• I wouldn't go 6-10 years younger, however I'm only 21 so I would get arrested if I did.

I can imagine that when older I wouldn't care about that age gap, although this might change as I mature and focus more on other aspects rather than just physical attraction.

• No way. Age and maturity are intertwined tightly. A girl who's 2,3,4 years younger the guy is reasonably sane to date her. A girl who's 6-10 years younger a guy has to be clinically insane to date. A girl who's 20+ years younger, you're just doing it to boost your own ego and can't legally be a pedophile and this is your closest alternative.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd date guys 6 or 10 years younger than me. :P

• Really? I couldn't imagine doing that! Haha

• I mean I guess it would be illegal anyways :p HAHAHAH but dating down in general for me never worked!

• well I'm a bit older than twenty :)