Do I have a right to know about his entire dating history?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years. We are living together and have a 4 month old son. We broke up a few times before we had our baby. Today he got a brochure about specials for ballet performances and musical. I was about to throw it away and he said no don't. I said since when do you like ballet or musicals? He said he went to a few before we got back together. I asked with who and he won't tell me. He said why so you can stalk her on Facebook or something. He said it doesn't matter who I went with because I'm not with her I'm with you. I got upset. Do I have a right to know not am I just being annoying and drop it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say you don't have a "right" to know but you guys should really have enough trust to be able to discuss it. I'm assuming he isn't saying a name because he is worried about your reaction?

Can I just raise one point that nobody else seems to have picked up on? You have a 4 month old baby. That's a very emotional time for any couple , especially a woman when she may be feeling an element of baby blues or post natal depression. Also both of you will be more tired than you realize ( I didn't realize how tiring the first six months was until much later when I looked back) and adjusting to a new life situation and responsibilities . Many women feel very unattractive and insecure at this stage.

How has your relationship and mood been generally of late?

What Guys Said 4

• proceed with caution! if you ask and its a "busy" history then what will you feel?

• no, it is not something you should care about it...what you see is what I am..

• I can understand your curiosity but you're better off not knowing.

• You're overreacting. It's in the past and he's with you now. Leave it alone.

What Girls Said 5

• If you guys weren't together then you don't really have that right to know. I suggest you drop it. Its not worth causing issues and fights over if its in the past.

• I think it's more of a topic that should have come up earlier in your relationship. After 3+ years, it just seems irrelevant. If it's really bothering you, ask him for a count, but don't ask him for names. But I think you should just focus on your present and future. The past doesn't matter.

• Drop it. Why do you care about his dating life before you? He's right. He is with you now. You should be working on your future together, especially for your son.

• Why should it matter who he dated before you? He had a life before you, the fact that it even bothers you and you’re in the age range of 25-29 is kind of sad. Have you told him every single thing about your past relationships, I doubt it. His past don’t matter the fact that he is with you now is all that should matter. However the fact you been together 3 years and you don’t know he likes ballet performances shows that there is problem. I would try to enjoy the activity together.

• yes