When to text after meeting someone?

When should you text a girl after you meet them? Do you just chat or should you just set up a date? I personally think you can't really get to know someone through texting.

Most Helpful Girl

• Text her straight away!

If you think she felt mutrual feelings towards you, then go for it!

I hate how some people follow "A rule" when it comes to texting a girl, its total bullsh*t.

Just wait for her to reply. Don't send her another text without her replying, 'coz if she didn't really like you, she will just become creeped out. But I hope that isn't the case for you and it goes great!

Definatley set up a date somewhere nice where you can sit, talk, and get to know each-other.

I agree with not being able to fully get to know someone over a text, you can get to know someone, but I guess it isn't as genuine as sitting with someone and talking to them and asking those Q's.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 10

• For me, if I am REALLY into the guy, you can text me later that day. But, if the guy is not sure that she is REALLY into him, then like- a day later. That is best. So you don't come off as desperate. I like to text first because I am a prude and VERY shy. haha. I would text for about a week and then go on a date. You can talk about things you do in your spare time and stuff like that.

• Just2DangNice is the was to go where I'm concerned. To add something of my own I should mention that I prefer guys who call instead of texting, more connection and feels more personal that way.

• Guys usually text to try to see if they like her past the looks.some just ask for a date,do what you feel comfortable doing but if your gona set up a date call instead of text.I don't really think you can get to know someone through texting either but our generation doesn't seem to mind :/

Next time I'll call the guy instead of texting him back and see what happens caz I'm better at talking on the phone ,I just dnt want to call at a bad time.

• I think within the next two days would be good. Three days then it's kinda obvious or misleading that you were waiting for the 3 day period.

• I agree that you can't truly get to know someone solely through texting. I think you should set up a date right away. It lets the other person know that you are interested in really getting to know them.

• I always think it's sweet for a guy to confirm right away! And I prefer a phone call over texts, but I know that texts are better than nothing if you're not able to call!

• I'd text her later that day or the next morning if you met her at night. I wouldn't have the 'date' convo as the very first thing you say, however, after chatting for a short while I'd ask her out.

• You could always shot them a text and ask if it would be okay to call!

I agree that a real conversation means far more then a text and a better way to get to know them

• whenever you like to

• The next day!

Small talk for alittle them ask her out

What Guys Said 2

• Text her 24 hours after she gave you her number. Then, have some small talk. Then you can set up a date.

• i always text to confirm the number, some jokes on the way home, a few standby questions before bed. then a few days later its off to dinner