Was this a date?

I got lunch with a friend that I hadn't seen for a few years. We were good friends in high school, had crushes on each other at on point, but nothing happened. After high school, we didn't see each other, we would still text fairly often, but neither of us could ever seem to actually get together. I hadn't spoken with her for a while so I texted her a few weeks ago just saying hi. She texted me last weekend asking what I was doing this weekend. I said I wasn't busy, and we kinda just texted some small talk and told her we should get together, which is kind of how it always goes with us. But I was tired of leaving it open ended and not seeing her so I told her we should get lunch the next day. We met up for lunch, talked for a long time. I paid for lunch. After, she wanted to hang out more so we went and got coffee and walked around the mall. We didn't talk about relationships at all. I know like it kind of seemed like a date, but I don't know if she thought it was a date. I don't want it to be a date by the way, I just see her as a friend. But the mood when we were together was kind of date like, but that could just be because we hadn't seen each other in so long. I haven't talked to her since, and I would kind of feel weird asking her to hang out again because I just want to remain friends.

What Girls Said 1

• I would clarify just in case, like in a joking funny way so that if she did think it was a date, you don't offend or upset her. Yeah, it sounds like a date, however, but if yall are just friends and that's all she sees ya'll as too, then It was just friends haging out. I would still try to somehow clarify, so that there is no misundertandings or heartbreak =]

• So how would I have made that less date like? I didn't like formally invite her to lunch, I literally said let's get lunch tomorrow. Or was going to eat just too date like in general? And how do I approach hanging out with her again?

What Guys Said 0