How young would you date?

Well, I like this guy and he's like 4 years older than me, were both still in high school. He likes me too but the age difference is really uncomfortable for both of us, but were really good friends and we have kissed once on a dare. Should I go out with him or should I just stay where I am?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had strong feelings for girls that were considerably younger than myself (17-18) even though I'm 26. As you get older, the age gap matters less. Still, it might have been hard making it work in the long-run due to the girl not having been through college and having less life experience. For me, I am a strong believer in no sex prior to marriage, so it wasn't as if it was an awkward jailbait deal when I explained to the girls my thoughts on the matter. Most of them were really down with that.

Still, although I've been attracted to some younger girls, I've also found a few girls older than me (oldest was 31) that I liked. When you get to be my age or older, it becomes less of an issue. Maturity and mutal compatability are what is key. If you don't have that, the age is the least of your worries.

You can go out with him if you like, but only if you believe that he won't try to take advantage of you. Guys that are a bit older have more experience in the dating game and if you're new to the scene, if he doesn't have good intentions, look out. Just make sure he acts like a gentleman if you accept an offer to go out with him.

What Guys Said 1

• When I was 18 I was completely open to dating a 14 year old girl. Of course I wouldn't now that I'm 29 but when I was 18, sure. Four years is nothing.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeh age difference is a bigger thing in high school, if you feel comfortable with it then go for it. Personally, I'd only date a guy that's 17+.