How to keep this girl interested?

Well I've been texting this girl for quite some time now and we both know each other well. We've talked about everything and lately it seems like she's losing interest. I know she's interested in me because she'll always answer me with smiley faces and stuff, and she'll text me first often.

Now the problem is that I'm away playing sports and she's in school somewheres else. So we have no face to face time at all. So you can see why I'm concerned since I won't probably see her until my season is over, or unless we see each before that, but that could be weeks from now!

How do I keep her attached like if we did see each other? Flirt with her by texting? How do you do that exactly haha? I like this girl and she likes me, but we can't see each other and its hard! What do I do?

Well I love all the answers! But it seems like one or the other right now. A few of you are saying leave her alone and the other half says to talk to her more in a different way, which one do I pick?!

Most Helpful Guy

• the sad thing is that master prophecy will give you the best advice in this universe, but you won't listen to it;

stop talking to her.

you cannot keep attraction and high interest over the phone for a long period of time. cut the contact, 100%. and when the time is right, meaning there's a realistic change of being together, start talking to her again and ask her out.

what you're doing now is just damaging.

• Wow...I thought I was the only one on here to give an answer like this...NICE!

• do guys actually do this!?

• @ orangedreams. NO...99% of guys do not have this level of self control. Only the very wise can behave at this level.

What Girls Said 9

• Skype with her! Send her cute texts talking about how you think she's cute, beautiful, etc. Like the other comment below says, it would probably be fun for the two of you to plan out something to do for when you will get to see each other. If she has a date in mind, it will be easier for her to get excited about it and that will keep her interested!

• I don't think you can start any kind of relationship with a person if you never see them. If it were me, I would want the guy to call me (not text) and tell me that he really has feelings for me and that it sucks because it seems that the timing is off since you're apart. Tell her that, and also ask her, when the two of you are in the same city again, if she would promise to give you a chance. If she says no, then it's her loss, and if she says yes, then keep in contact with her (not too much) and let her know that you'll be thinking of her.

• why don't you invite her to watch your games? you can hang out a bit afterward. I think girls like watching guys play, generally, kinda manly and physical ;p.

• just continue to relate to her. the world is a big place, with countless things to do and talk about. it shouldn't be too hard to keep her attention. but maybe try to lay off a little so she doesn't build an immunity to you if you know what I mean

• Don't try too hard seems to be the number one rule for all my girlfriends. Seems like it's too easy that way. Sorry, sounds strange, but that's how it is. Good luck!

• There is lots of tech these days. Use more than sms. Skype would really help, especially if you can both get it on year phones. Try to plan a meeting every week, even if either of you has to cancel. We love a gentleman too.

• Send her text to make her smile. Relate the text to past stuff you talked about or laughed about (inside jokes). If you can make her laugh and smile it will keep her thinking about you.

• buy her flowers or do something really sweet for her:)

• Remind her why she liked you in the first place. If you have done things together in the past where you two had a great time, talk about it. Do things together even if you're apart. Watch a movie or TV while texting. Have fun with your texting, chats don't always have to be G-rated, that is if you two are into that sort of thing ;). Make plans to see her when you can. This lets her know you are interested in her and you two can even plan what you are going to do when you do see each other.

Both girls and guys adore attention from people they are interested in and distance does not change this.

What Guys Said 1

• She's losing interest because you are losing mystery, and challenge everyday. You are wrong to judge her interest level by what she texts you.

Girls like guys to have a life outside of talking to them all the time. You should tell her that due to sports you won't be able to see her for a while. If you want to lose her quicker...then keep texting.

You keep her interesting by stepping back...going on with your life, until you can see her again. In other words back off...zero texting...no phone calls. Once sports are over and you have time...take her out on a date once a week. If you don't believe me...listen to prophecy...he's 100% right.

• @ update. If you don't take my or Prophecy's advice...then there's no hope for you. Women will rarely give you the RIGHT advice on this kind of question. Bottomline...if she's truly interested in you...there's ZERO chance she will lose interest not hearing from you for a while. Actually her interest level will rise while thinking about you. Again...if she's interested in you as more than a friend, you can't go wrong by cutting contact.