How would you interpret a kiss on the cheek ?

ok so everyone talks about a kiss on the lips. how would you interpret a kiss on the cheek. guy to girl and grl to guy ? thoughts people :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought it would be a sweet gesture for either gender. I dealt with many cultures varying such as holding hands were a sign of provoking engagement or that the person has verbally mention to go any further even though the person slept in their bed. The sweetness is an entrance of something probably more, but shy people will usually keep it at kissing on the cheek until the other person takes the upper hand to be flirt more back.

What Guys Said 5

• It usually means she wants me to kiss her, but she doesn't want to directly initiate. It's a green light... I know people in some cultures do it as a friendly greeting, but it's not all that common in American culture to do that. It's more of a play for affection here.

• Means he doesn't think you're ugly!

They may be great friends or it shows that they are comfortable with themselves and each other.

• I would interpret it as "hello!" It's part of my country's culture to kiss opposite sex acquaintances in the cheek as a greeting.

• friendly in my case

• Impossible to say and can differ depending on cultures. I live in Australia and it's very common for opposite genders to greet one another with a kiss on the cheek if they're friends, regardless of whether it's purely platonic or not.

What Girls Said 7

• I think it's very sweet and very tender. It shows he's interested but respectful of distance, if it's at the end of a date.

If it randomly comes, then it's annoying - get out of my personal space.

• A girl kissing a guy on the cheek just seems innocent, sweet, and somewhat flirty to me. When a guy kisses a girl on the cheek, I think it's a way for him to show he cares for her while being respectful and not pushing boundaries.

• I'm American, and we don't do that casually ever. So would interpret it as a definite sign of interest (and a VERY forward gesture at that).

• I kissed a guy on the cheek recently when he dropped me at off...I was drunk, but it meant I liked him...I just may not have done it if I were sober because I'm a bit shy

• What about a kiss on the hand?hmm?

• In some: countries a formal way to say hello. ;). In the US: we're close, but taking it slow...

• If I were to do that to a guy my age, it is meant to be sweet, that I like them.