If you had a "weird" goal, when would you disclose it?

If you had a "weird" goal in your future, when would you disclose it to someone you were dating or wanting to date or etc?

My long-term goal is to have a micro-farm. I still wish to have my normal job and all, but I want to live on a couple acres outside of the city with chickens, goats, veggies, fruits, etc etc. Most people I talk to find it weird or, at least, just not for them. I actually had one girlfriend break-up with me because she knew how badly I want that and she didn't want to live like that at all (or at least that was her excuse).

So, again, if you have a goal, dream, etc that you're dead-set on and you know that it can be a potential deal breaker, when do you bring it up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually having a mirco-farm sounds like a pretty cool goal to me. I want to eventually get my own house and have a vegetable garden and maybe some chickens and whatever else I am allowed to have (depending on where I live).

Now obviously everyone is different, and in a partner you might not get someone who is 100 percent perfect for you. The important thing is to be open and honest about your goals, because if you hide them you will be unhappy in the relationship because you will never be able to meet those goals without hurting the relationship. Let your partner know. And if they make fun of you or break up with you because of your goals then you know they were never right for you in the first place.

When you tell your partner about your goals is up to you. Everyone is different, but I think if things are getting more serious it's probably a good time to let the person know. So for instance, once you have dated a few months and know this is going to be your girlfriend, you should probably bring it up. Let her know that you see a future with her and you hope she feels the same and you wanted to let her know about some of your life goals. If she doesn't like them, then she has a fair chance to express her thoughts and get out if she wants to. This way if she does leave, you have only invested a few months (rather than years) with a person to find out they were not a good match.

But again, nothing is 100 percent guaranteed. But I feel that the above should help you to at least find someone who is devoted to you that won't leave you because of your goals :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I don't like to be honest and see if someone can fit into my life. I don't drop my dreams and goals for just anyone and I wouldn't them to either. It is similar, do you want string a girl alone and she actually want to get marry and you don't. Sooner or later, there is going to be compromise issue or a break up. Will wait years of your life with someone who don't share your goals/lifestyle. It is fair better to move on when you are young than when the dating pool is small. I think it is great that you want to micro-farm. I have classmates that are into eco farming and the such. I think it is far wonderful to grow old and to be with someone that wants to be with you regardless.

• pee from a 100 storey building

• this is interesting... I broke up with my ex because I became passionate about farming too.I just want a simple life, good healthy food, close family. He is a city guy, has a nice sports car, likes to go to the club, etc. I used to be like that but now I am passionate about nature and health, I have changed a lot since high school, none of my friends share the same interests either... this is just something Iove to do, I don't hide it though, It is who I am, I talk about my garden all the time, so whoever meets me will find this out right away. Make your passions who you are.

• itf it's important to you then you need to share it with her esp if you want her in your future

What Guys Said 0