First Date Over 2 Years...Did it Go Well? Please Help!

Hi there,

Sorry this is kind of long but:

I'm a 25 year old male who hasn't been in a relationship for 3 years. Throughout college, I was with the same girl since high school but unfortunately it ended at the end of my senior year so I never got comfortable with taking girls on dates at the adult level.

Anyway, today I met a girl for coffee and we ended up talking for 2 and a half hours. I asked a lot of questions about her and was definitely interested in her life which I haven't had these feelings for a long time for another lady. I made her laugh a few times talking with her and I thought we were doing well. I would describe her as shy since it took a while for her to warm up to me and she is soft spoken and is a good overall girl. However, at the end, I offered to walk her to her car but she denied me in doing so because it was raining outside and then she stuck out her hand for me to shake and said it was nice meeting you. I shook her hand and then told her that I had fun and that I wanted to take her to dinner sometime and she said yes to call or text her soon and then we went our separate ways. After I got home, I texted her and said that I was checking to make sure she got home safely and that I hoped she had fun. All she said back after 2 hours was "Thanks, it was fun and hope the drive wasn't bad for you".

Is it strange that she only gave me a handshake at the end? I'm not sure what she is thinking and need some help in what I should do next? I really don't want to mess this up! I consider myself a boring person so I'm worried about that too!

What Girls Said 1

• Things are right on track. You said yourself she's shy so the handshake at the end of your 'date' isn't that weird since it's the first time you're actually making some kind of physical contact.

My guess is she likes you back but her shyness is getting in the way. Just try and do your best to make her feel comfortable around you and she'll slowly open up and become more responsive.

Hope it helped! by the way, what do you think of this guy's behavior? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

girlsaskguys.com/Flirting-Questions/788178-men-plz-why-does-a-guy-say-m-single-i.html

Tks!

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it really went well. I think the handshake is weird, however that's the first step towards being touchy or physical with you. She's definitely interested so don't give up.