Can you tell me what this means guys? why were our (guy) friends congratulating him on "getting" me?

my boyfriend and I've been dating for about a month. we went to a party together and all our friends were there. one of our friends (male) comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist and just holds me. my boyfriend tells our friend ron to get off of me and says we're dating. ron looks at me then looks at my boyfriend and goes YOU TWO? DATING? I reassure him that we are dating and I move away where they think I'm outta earshot (I heard him anyway) and ron was like congrats bro for getting that ;) and a bunch of other guys congratulating my boyfriend on getting me Because apparently I'm very attractive to a lotta people.

I just wanna know...why were they congratulating him on "getting" me? I don't really understand why they were doing that. thanks :)

ok thank you and I just wanna say to the girls who answered that I am not fishing for compliments I don't really receive them well and second of all I asked my boyfriend first and that's what he said. I don't really like getting compliments because I get bullied a lot and get unwanted sexual advances a lot at school so there ya go. happy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a status thing for him and a complement to you. He is saying that he's got a great girl and that he 'scored.' It's a thing that guys tend to do.

What Guys Said 4

• because there will always be more guys who didn't try to get you.

they congratulate him for being successfully unique.

because they were all trying to be unique by copying each others behavior, and failed doing so in the process.

• They think he's dating above his level.

• You answered your own question. Because you are attractive to a lot of people.

• you need to post pic of yourself, othewise we can't say if you are attractive just for reading your text.

• They put the p**** on a pedestal.

What Girls Said 3

• hey .. she was only asking a question. Being 16 is a confusing... But I get were the girl answerers are saying. also acording to your username your attractive to your self too. But pretty much theyre saying your cute so theyre surprised you are with your friend for what ever the reason may be ... But really just take it as a compliment

• oh lord, you just wanna show off ¬¬ fishing for compliments in the internet= pathtic

• I'm sorry have to agree with naguala, it appears you are just fishing for compliments, If you really 'didn't understand' as you claim you wouldn't have said, "...congratulating my boyfriend on getting me Because apparently I'm very attractive to a lotta people." You pretty much answered your own question but asked it anyway.