Is it a turn off for a 24 year old girl to be a virgin?

I'm 24 and have no dating experience what so ever. I have never even kissed anyone. All my friends think this is totally crazy because they all say that I'm an attractive person and that anyone would want to date me. I don't even know how I got to this point but I used to be a little shy around guys when I was younger.

Recently, I met a guy and he's been showing a lot of interest and I kind of like him too but I'm a bit worried about what he will think when I tell him that he's the first guy I've ever been with.

Most Helpful Guy

• He will take it as a compliment, and often when this happens, a guy really makes an effort to make it work out, so your in a great possition to impress him, and he will be impressed, your a rare talent,x

What Guys Said 7

• NO! In fact it would turn him ON! I have no clue where do girls get these ideas from ! I am sure you never asked a guy on this and that all year girls friends keep talking about how great you should be in bed bla bla...

Just make sure you don't get played and good luck

• We all mature / progress / (add in your own word here) at different rates. You were just becoming comfortable with yourself earlier on. Up until 2nd year of college, I was the "quiet shy" type. Now people can't believe that I was like that when I was younger.

I think if they guy really is interested in you, he will "accept" (still looking for a better word than this) you for who you are.

I swear we all need a "work in progress" sign on our forehead.

• where do girls get these ideas from ?!

• no way , virgins are a turn on and it makes a guy excited

• i just tured 25 two weeks ago, and I'm still a virgin, never had a girlfriend, does that make you feel better?

• Honestly?

If you're cute or better, it's a plus.

• No

What Girls Said 2

• I don't consider it a turn off or a deal breaker, especially if you are open to intimicy later in the relationship. Seriously, society has got to get over their messed up views on sex. No sex makes you a "mental, dysfunctional loser" and too much sex makes you "the whore of Babylon." Just be happy with being you, and chances are, if he's a good guy he won't care and will be patient.

• girls like you are very rare! you should be proud.