What do you think about dating a Muslim girl?

I'm an albanian Muslim and like most albanians not really religious at all, would you date someone who's Muslim and not religious if you're not Muslim?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I find her attractive or interesting I'd definitely do it, I personally see religion/faith/beliefs as every individuals own choice and that it's none of my business to tell people what I think is right or wrong. I usually find it interesting to hear about others beliefs even if it's different to my own, the only thing that would be an issue is if they were to try and get me to believe what they believe. I take an interest and fully support people but I'm not a fan of getting preached to.

• agreed. I don't think people should force anyone to believe what they do, I think everyone should be able to believe what they want and shouldn't get judged for what they believe :)

• In that case, you appear to be very datable. :L

What Guys Said 8

• Well I come from a Muslim country/background, but I am not religious in any way: I eat anything, drink everything, have sex (when opportunities present themselves).

If you were saving yourself for after the wedding then no unless I was getting ready to get married, and in that case, the religion isn't even a prerequisite for me, it's the girls herself that matters.

If you wear the hidjab, then no not even to get married, I do understand why women wear it and accept it widely, I just don't want to see it every single day on my other half.

Now going out with a girl that only eats halal and wants me to stop drinking, I would consider it but I wouldn't let go of my sex life and I just don't like the scarf.

I hope you understand my opinion and that you don't find it offensive in anyway. I am being as truthful as I can be.

• i said non religious as in I don't wear a head scarf and I can eat and drink anything I want and I wouldn't make anyone stop drinking and hold up for the sex thing you said you wouldn't date someone who was saving them self for marriage unless you wanted to get married...does that mean you expect your wife to be a virgin or...

• I am not a hypocrite, I don't take a girls virginity just for fun like some guys do, I actually would refuse being the first if I know it is going to be for a real short term. If my future wife would be Virgin or not doesn't matter to me at all, it wouldn't be a prerequisite. as long as she is not known for having tried half the city, or that her epic drunks were famous. I guess you know the type. Now for a relationship that could lead to anything, a would definitely date a girl like you.

• What I mean is : As long as it is not the first thing people see about you and guide every decision you make. In adddition you keep the religion between you and (allah), then there is no reason to even discuss it. you seem to act very much like me so I don't see why there would be any issue.

• I definitely would...im also a pretty non-religious catholic like most American catholics...I was wondering though..I recently was looking up rates of circumcsion around the world ...weird I know..but I was researching it..I was circumcised as a baby and I was told by one girl circ guys don't feel as much pleasure and it really worried ..and America is actually one of the only non-Muslim, western countries where circumcsion is widespared...i felt like if most Muslim guys are cut and theyre doing okay then I shouldn't worry about it I guess...but if Alabania isn't religious like you say..why do they still circumcise most baby boys?

• yup they still do...idk why though it isn't for religious reasons

• not necessarily, I don't think this is something that has to do with your religion or race or whatever, it's kind of a like a type, not every Muslim girl likes guys with blue eyes for example..this is kind of the same thing

• why do YOU personally perfer it? I hear stories bout women who say circed pensies aren naturla and that sex is dry and painful but o wonder..if that's the case..how come women from Muslim countries and israel adn teh phillipines etc...dont report sex to be worse on large scale?

• How can you be a Non religious Muslim? isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?, if she was Muslim then no, I wouldn't likely date her because she wouldn't be allowed to date me anyway and its not worth losing a head over

• exactly how you can be a non religious christian...most of my friends that are christian aren't religious they don't go to church every Sunday or they drink and do other stuff the bible says not to do...same goes for Muslims

• they aren't christian. christian isn't simply an identity. its a way of life, the same with Muslims

• Yes,Muslim women to me are the most gorgeous women on earth but I thought Muslim women can't date or marry non-Muslims. When I was younger I used to think Muslim men were forcing their women to cover up to hide their beauty out of fear of losing them to other guys lol I didn't know it was a religious thing

• well like I mentioned I'm not really that religious, middle eastern Muslims are more religious than albanian Muslims, albanian Muslims are much more liberal about dating people of another religion, in fact most albanian marriages consist of one of them being Muslim and the other person being christian

• Tbh religion is irreverent to me when it comes to dating. As long as we like each other we can be together

• Im jewish and I would. It doesn't matter what your relgion is, as long as we have stuff in common

• Pics or no deal

• i was saying in general, what exactly do you want a photo of?

• this question has absolutely nothing to do with the way I look therefore there would be no reason for me to provide photos

• you are not Muslim?

• I might be a little hesitant at first because I've heard that Muslim girls aren't supposed to date non Muslim guys. I'm clearly not. However, you did say that you aren't very religious at all. If I got the feeling that she was somewhat interested in me, I don't think anything would stop me from dating her. Well, assuming mutual attraction was there, of course.

• Yes, I'd date a Muslim girl.

Curious though, is the person really Muslim if they aren't religious? Wouldn't this girl be just Albanian?

• i mean I guess, but albanian would be their nationality and Muslim is their religion , like if you're christian you don't have to be a religious christian but if someone asks what's your religion you would say christian not American or wherever you're from..right?

• ok but what if someone asks what your religion is?

• Well if you aren't religious, you say that you have none, and I guess agnostic works too.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, since Muslim girls don't have a penis, I don't think about dating them :P

But I have a soft spot for Muslim men. Thanks to this lovely Kuwaiti guy I dated a while back.

Arabic men are gorgeous. I love their dark features, how family oriented and respectful they tend to be. My only issue with dating them would be this: I've hard from Muslim women *when I dated him, I did my research on Muslim culture* that many Arab men are hypocrites. Espeically ones from foreign countries. Such as they want to go out and f*** "easy American girls" yet call them sluts and go home to a virgin bride. That's my main concern. If he tried to impose granny, nun 'like' outfits on me, I'd think it was cute but it wouldn't happen lol No man can control me. Other than that, I'd be totally open :)