What does everyone think about dating in High school and being a virgin?

I'm really 17 and am a junior in high school. I have dated a few guys it never lasted. I was not really a fan of dating, but didn't really want to kiss, hug, etc boys who are not my boyfriends. I have heard people say that high school is when you should experiment. But what exactly is meant by that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares what they think?

Lose your virginity on YOUR TERMS; not the terms of a bunch of immature, reckless high school students, whom most of will have children unplanned and unprepared before age 21.

You should experiment when YOU feel ready to experiment and in my opinion, with a guy who views you as something greater than an experiment. Most girls these days don't mind being much more than a wet hole for a guy to experiment with, but I hope you have more self respect than that.

I'm a virgin at 20 and I'm so happy I stayed a virgin :) There are so many complex issues I've been sheilded from all because I don't have sex. My friends go through troubling issues and peace washes over me knowing I don't have to worry about them. One of my friends found out she got an STD. Another just had a miscarriage with a boyfriend. I've seen girls get used for sex and not realize it until it was too late. This is why I'm waiting until I find a guy who loves me and isn't going to give up on me before I give away my virginity. I'd suggest the same to any female :) It can really save you a lot of trouble and heart break

What Guys Said 4

• I think they are saying to maximize your high school by doing crazy things like partying hard, drink, weeds, drugs, sleeping over, orgy parties, sleep with a lot of guys, and such.

Being virgin means nothing. You're still one because you have your reasons and want Mr. Right to take it someday for you. And if you don't want to experiment in HS, that's cool as well. Always follow your heart wherever or whatever you think you're happy in.

• high school is just starting. College iswhen you should start experimenting with your life like...if you like drinking smoking, partying, having sex, dating, casual dating, single...etc. Hight school at 17 is just enjoy your life with your family and understand the value of having friends because in college most of the high school buddies won't be back after their sophomore year (usually) becz they have a job there and wanna stay away from family...etc.

nothing wrong with being a virgin at 17 at all. I have a friend that is a girl who is 23 and still a virgin. she is attractive and have dated many guys in her life.

• u shld loose your virginity with the right person at the right time...yes lust drives us nuts and we do everything that is against us since we won't adventure and excitement ...but use your common sense ...ur 17 and I prefer you dnt do it now

• haha you prefer I don't do it? I had no plans of doing it. Just a question.

• Nothing wrong with being a vrigin at 17, wait until you're ready, don't give into peer pressure. I'm 25 and a virgin, that's a problem, but it really didn't bother me until I got into my early 20s

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think people should start having sex in high school. You're all still kids and don't always understand all the consequences and responsibilities of having sex. I'm 21 now and still a virgin. I'm glad I didn't have sex in high school, because I know I wasn't ready. Even though the average age to lose one's virginity is around 17, that doesn't mean it's a rule. I think it's best to wait until college, after you have your academics under control. People are just more mature then and they know more of what they want in a partner, including men and women.

• It means absolutely nothing. People say things to justify either the way they act or the way they want to act. It doesn't matter one with what the person next to you says about sex, dating, and high school. If you want to have sex with someone, you're comfortable, and you're taking all the necessary precautions, great. If you don't want to have sex with anyone, then don't.

You're in high school and everyone says high school is for experimenting. Guess what? As soon as you're in college, you'll start hearing 'college is for experimenting'. Once you graduate with a degree? You'll hear it's your 20's. You'll hear it's while you're young. You'll hear it's while you're single. Etc, etc, etc.

Do what's comfortable for you, not anyone else. The people who follow the '---- is the time for experimenting' are rarely satisfied with their choices.

• Im 17 and a virgin as well, I let guys know that I am because I'm really proud to be one. If he doesn't want to be with me because of that is most likely he just wants sex.

In todays society, you should be happy and proud your still a virgin.

• Don't worry about it.

1) Who cares what the norms of society are? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

2) It decreases the chances of teen pregnancy and getting STDs.

3) The only place to do it at 17 would be in your parents' house, and usually, someone's home at night time.

You can experiment, though. Don't deprive yourself of everything if you know what I mean. If you have a boyfriend, you can do other fun stuff besides having vaginal intercourse. (Hint: it's oral sex).

• I wish I'd had more boyfriends in hs but honestly I"m glad I didn't cause I didn't have to worry about gossip and pressure to lose it to some guy that I'd been dating for a long time(or not a long time). College is imo a better time to experiment and find yourself. You're more mature, you're of legal age and more independent from parental rules and there's not the added pressure of the cliques associated with HS and the gossip mongers who have no life so they wanna talk about yours.