Should I give up on finding someone?

I just feel like giving up on finding a girl...really though, I just don't seem to function well with them.

I have never been on a date or even been in a position to ask a girl out. I didn't speak to any girls in high school or elementary school so I really don't have many friends who are girls. I have been to college twice and no luck with girls. I have just started to go back to school again at 26 years old and it seems like all girls are 18 years old and for me I wouldn't date anybody younger than about 5-6 years than my age. even 5-6 years seems pretty young at this point. One more thing is that I do not see very any people of my racial background in school and I would prefer to date within it, but I am open to an interracial relationship. I just feel completely lost with girls as I have never been able to make anything happen. I have slowely begun to make some friends that are girls, and I have gone out with one on one them a few times, but she has a boyfriend and we are just friends. My whole life is kind of come to a halt because I have not really had a good social life for the past 10 years or so. I feel depleted of life in a way. I guess another thing is that my social anxiety plays a part in it, or maybe my obliviousness to signals. Also in public and around my city, there used to be a lot of European girls, no I find that girls in my age group just aren't around. mayeb they all have full time jobs and never go out at night, I have no idea...actually they probably found some amazing guy and got married. I just can't seem to catch a break in my life. I feel like my head is going to explode because of some inescapable fate of lonliness.

If people who answer could also give their age and when the started dating that would be great. Thanks to tjose who already answered!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi! I REALLY feel your pain. I was you for many many years. I'm now 38yrs old and over the last 5 years I have finally come out of my shell. it is awesome! I just finally got really fed up what people thought and you know what? there are so many more weirder people out there than me! I mean geesh think about the people who are gay and are all suicidal trying to come out! it is so liberating to be me! if someone doesn't like me I don't have to question it anymore like what did I do wrong or what if I had been funnier or more outgoing when they were around! I no longer have to take meds. I would literally freeze up in social situations it was terrible. I feel your depression in your words my friend. just say SCREW IT, I PROMISE you that you are going to feel so much better and make tons of friends and go ask that hot chick to a movie or somewhere entertaining and just have fun! Good luck sweetie!

What Girls Said 1

• just try to focus on yourself right now, and let the right girl come to you when the time is right. I kind of feel the same way as I've never dated before, but try not to constantly worry yourself about these things, stay confident.

• update, 21 and haven't started dating yet.

What Guys Said 2

• dude don't give up. that's how I have been feeling. Right now, for you, what matters is your career and friends. Mrs. Right One will come along. Maybe you'll meet her tomorrow at a grocery store or maybe you'll meet her at a party in a year. You never know. Don't give up.

• Well dude you have a very small range for the types of girls you're looking for... Don't get all depressed cause you can't find one. Either broaden your spectrum or wait it out...