Should I give up on finding someone?

I just feel like giving up on finding a girl...really though, I just don't seem to function well with them.

I have never been on a date or even been in a position to ask a girl out. I didn't speak to any girls in high school or elementary school so I really don't have many friends who are girls. I have been to college twice and no luck with girls. I have just started to go back to school again at 26 years old and it seems like all girls are 18 years old and for me I wouldn't date anybody younger than about 5-6 years than my age. even 5-6 years seems pretty young at this point. One more thing is that I do not see very any people of my racial background in school and I would prefer to date within it, but I am open to an interracial relationship. I just feel completely lost with girls as I have never been able to make anything happen. I have slowely begun to make some friends that are girls, and I have gone out with one on one them a few times, but she has a boyfriend and we are just friends. My whole life is kind of come to a halt because I have not really had a good social life for the past 10 years or so. I feel depleted of life in a way. I guess another thing is that my social anxiety plays a part in it, or maybe my obliviousness to signals. Also in public and around my city, there used to be a lot of European girls, no I find that girls in my age group just aren't around. mayeb they all have full time jobs and never go out at night, I have no idea...actually they probably found some amazing guy and got married. I just can't seem to catch a break in my life. I feel like my head is going to explode because of some inescapable fate of lonliness.

Updates:
If people who answer could also give their age and when the started dating that would be great. Thanks to tjose who already answered!

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi! I REALLY feel your pain. I was you for many many years. I'm now 38yrs old and over the last 5 years I have finally come out of my shell. it is awesome! I just finally got really fed up what people thought and you know what? there are so many more weirder people out there than me! I mean geesh think about the people who are gay and are all suicidal trying to come out! it is so liberating to be me! if someone doesn't like me I don't have to question it anymore like what did I do wrong or what if I had been funnier or more outgoing when they were around! I no longer have to take meds. I would literally freeze up in social situations it was terrible. I feel your depression in your words my friend. just say SCREW IT, I PROMISE you that you are going to feel so much better and make tons of friends and go ask that hot chick to a movie or somewhere entertaining and just have fun! Good luck sweetie!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• just try to focus on yourself right now, and let the right girl come to you when the time is right. I kind of feel the same way as I've never dated before, but try not to constantly worry yourself about these things, stay confident.

0|0
    0|0
    • update, 21 and haven't started dating yet.

What Guys Said 2

• dude don't give up. that's how I have been feeling. Right now, for you, what matters is your career and friends. Mrs. Right One will come along. Maybe you'll meet her tomorrow at a grocery store or maybe you'll meet her at a party in a year. You never know. Don't give up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well dude you have a very small range for the types of girls you're looking for... Don't get all depressed cause you can't find one. Either broaden your spectrum or wait it out...

0|0
    0|0