How do I meet someone?

Straight up, how do I meet somebody? I know it's something I can't force, but I'd really like to at least try and meet someone.

What are your opinions of online dating? Is it a desperate way to find a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• You just need to put yourself out there. Go out with friends, take up a new hobby, etc. If you're surrounding yourself with people who share similar interests to you then you'll eventually find somebody interesting.

I dislike online dating. I think that so much of developing attraction and rapport with somebody is physical (not just touch, but through seeing how they move, speak, and picking up on all sorts of non-verbal cues). It's obviously successful for some people, but it's really not for me. I think one of the reasons that I have such a strong bond with my girlfriend is because all of our early interaction before we got together was in person. No texts or Facebook or anything like that. The corny part of me also can't help but dismiss online dating as not being very romantic as well, haha. I'd feel a bit embarrassed saying it if people asked me how I met my partner.

What Guys Said 6

• Get out of the house and be around people. Try and get the best social life you can and then let things happen. If you're consistently meeting new people and starting new friendships your bound to find someone who wants to indulge themselves.

• Are you a boy or girl? If you're a boy, I wouldn't say it's desperate but it is damn near impossible to find people that way and not very fun. If you're a girl it's easy to find people although it's much more likely something bad could happen to you so I'd stay away all the same. As far as meeting people goes, do you have any hobbies? interests? what's your schedule like? the more details you give the better advise I'll have for you.

• its an OK thing if your a girl, youl get a lot of interesting responses bad and good not so if your a guy.

for me I tried it and I get nothing. also, the kind of women I like are barely there. so for me its definintly not a good place.

best place is everywhere when your doing your thing

• It depends on who you want to meet. What's your type? What would be his/her activities of choice? You have to look where s/he would look.

• You could make some guys day by introducing yourself; people who do the approaching have the freedom to meet anyone they want.

• Online dating is fine. There is nothing wrong with it.

What Girls Said 2

• Social phobia? People with social phobia can usually interact easily with family and a few close friends. But meeting new people, talking in a group, or speaking in public can cause their extreme shyness to kick in.

IF you have some type of social phobia, it's fixable! You just have to go beyond what feels "comfortable" little by little, and soon enough you'll start thinking less about what might feel uncomfortable and more about what might be fun. So don't be a hermit. You have to talk to people, be friendly. Leave online dating as las resort, that stuff is scary. link

• In school? In a club? On the subway? Through your friends?