Were you unnecessarily intimidated by an attractive person...only to end up dating?

Like did you see an intimidatingly good looking guy or girl...and start crushing on them and then end up dating them eventually?

Wow nice stories girls. I wish it will happen to me too.

I really wish I'd end up with the girl/s I'm attracted to...like intimidated by. But I'm just so scared lol

:/

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought my girlfriend was out of my league, and some days, even though it's over five years later, I still kinda do. She was my best friend. Still is. But yeah, she was unfathomably hot, and the nicest person I've ever met. I never thought she'd go for a guy like me, with all my issues or how everyone looks at me like a stupid thug, and how I'm many years older than her. Still, I got her. She asked me to be her boyfriend. SHE... asked ME! I still find that amazing.

• This is really solid. How did you find the courage to ask her out?

• Well, I just basically took a lot of time building up to it, hinting at it, until it eventually hit a point where I actually bought her a cake and made dinner on Valentine's day. Somehow she TOTALLY MISSED THAT! I mean I think that's a pretty massive hint. I'm practically smacking her in the face with it. at that point.

• Anyway, I did ask her out first. I basically worked out how to say it. The way I did it was I did everything in my power to ask her out while also giving her zero pressure to say yes. She shot me down, and I was cool with that. I mean I was pretty sure she would say no, anyway. Still, a while later she got back to me, and bought us a 24 of beer, and we hung out at my place, and she asked me out. Because I'm not a total retard, I naturally said yes. After all, she's the girl of my dreams.

What Girls Said 14

• Totally! This happened with my boyfriend. We met online and I saw his profile. I thought he was pretty cute, but didn't think he would like me so I was too scared to message him.

Well, he kept seeing that I was checking out his profile so he messaged me. We met and there was an instant connection.

We have since been dating for 2 years now. So you never know, sometimes it pays off to take a chance.

• I was at one of my friends' birthday party and spotted a seriously hot guy at the end of the dinner table. I ended up being seated next to him - and at the end of the night we kissed a bit. I was pretty proud of myself - I'd never thought he'd go for me - but I was totally content to leave it there. Then a week later he friended me on Facebook and asked me if he could come visit me. And honestly - if he hadn't been that hot I'd probably said no... So we dated (not boyfriend-girlfriend just had dates) for a couple of months and I found out he either had absolutely no personality (my friend claimed he had) or was just too nervous around me to show it (which I found odd - he was the hot one - right?) I ended up just not answering his messages and signaling through my friend that we were done... Cowardly and awkward - but he just wanted me so much more than I wanted him... It really taught me that looks are NOTHING when it comes to love... :)

• So true.

• I was about to vote down because of the part where you said you only agreed to date him because he was hot, but then at the end, you changed course. Nice work.

• '' I found out he either had absolutely no personality (my friend claimed he had) or was just too nervous around me to show it (which I found odd - he was the hot one - right?)'' Anxiety inhibits showing the real person for fear of rejection. Its a lesson for people to just be themselves I guess

• YES. Lol. I used to be so shy around my current boyfriend. He used to work at the restaurant I work at. That's how we met. He was a cook, and I work up front. I'd actually avoid going into the kitchen for fear of running into him. I knew he'd talk to me if I went back there, and I'd get so nervous. Kinda pathetic at 20 years old, but whatever, we're dating now so that's all that matters.

• When I moved here I had a crush on a delivery guy I thought he was extremely hot. Me year later I end up working with him and little by little we started talking an became good friends. We flirt all the time. At first I thought it was only in my head that he possibly liked me back. By them my attraction towards him was more than just physical. Turns out he likes me too ^.^ I never thought he would cause he is 7 years older and extremely hot. When we hangout he is always on top of me (not literally) we've talked about it. At this point is just matter of who kisses first. But I won't lie is been year and half and we keep it at baby steps I guess lol. (And he should be the one to kiss me first)

Wht I'm saying is just go for it! Ask her out. Kiss her. Something don't postpone it cause someone else will try to win her heart if you don't.

• psh I wish... Good luck with you though!

• YES! I was so intimidated by this guy named Alex, and as we became very good friends we realized we both had feelings for each other.

• Nope... because as soon as guys find out I like them, they run quicker than a squirrel on caffeine.

• I would love to date you :)

• That's a little hard to believe. You're pretty

• Aw thanks toricakes. I AM pretty. Or handsome as I'd like to believe. But I'd still like to date chessqueen if I meet her in real life. So it shouldn't be hard to believe.

• My boyfriend, lol, I have poor confidence. I thought he was way to cute for me. Turns out he thought the same about me. We've been together almost 2 yrs

• Yes I have, and I wish I hadn't. He turned out to be a total douche bag.

• I've been on both sides of this.

When I was intimidated by the guy we ended up dating for almost a year and a half. It was an OK relationship until I started realizing that there was nothing to be intimidated by.

When the guy was intimidated by me we went on a few dates but it never went anywhere because I was leaving town and we didn't know if we would be able to see each other again.

• Yes, but it's a little awkward because -- in my case -- we were apparently crushing on each other. He's not always sure how to reach out to me and often gets absorbed in his own thing (for work) out of habit. It's hard to break habits, to let the other person in, to let yourself see them as your equal rather than on that "you're my crush" pedestal.

• '' let yourself see them as your equal rather than on that "you're my crush" pedestal.'' True that .

• I've imagined this happening to me, but it never has, haha. I think it's more likely to happen for a guy, though :)

• That has never happened to me

• Yes It didn't really work out though, I was always afraid of him cheating on me.

What Guys Said 4

• Yep, pretty much all the girls I've dated I've found very difficult to approach, one in particular who I thought would be unattainable, dating her was like one of those things were you can't actually believe it's true.

• All your answers make you sound like the sweetest guy!

• Awk thanks Nerma :) I'm probably not but it's always nice to be complimented :D I've always enjoyed your answers by the way, they've always seemed like more fun than mine (i'm way too serious, ha) Just thought I'd say as I don't recall talking to you much.

• Haha, when will it be my turn...

• It happened to me once

• Now that I think about it... Nope, haha.

Every time I've felt intimidated by a girl I've just felt too unnatural and uncomfortable to really be myself and so the attraction just sort of fades because I don't feel 'right', if that makes sense.

Every girl I've been with has been somebody who I just felt comfortable around from the beginning. Some times things just sort of 'click', and that's how all my relationships have been.