Do you get attention more online?

Do you get attention more on a dating site or in real life?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's night and day for me, real life. Online also requires some ridiculous effort where real life is pretty effortless. In real life you can walk up, say hey how's it going or make a comment about something specific to the situation and it's a conversation. Usually they'll respond if for no other reason than to be polite, in which then your personality has a chance to shine through and set yourself apart.

Online that isn't the case at all. I've noticed with a short message, about half will even click on my profile, and of that very few will respond. There's no social etiquette online in that regard. Plus, a profile is nothing more than a checklist of things to find an excuse not to talk to somebody. In real life, if you walk up to somebody and talk to them, if they find you attractive enough they will give you a shot. What your hobbies are, musical interests, job, life goals, etc. none of that is known to them and it would be impolite to ask. However, online it's the opposite. If you don't answer these questions on your profile you come off boring and have nothing to say for yourself. You are expected to write a ton of things out. Those things are in turn used to "filter". The thing is in reality, you don't have a chance to do that. Once you've already given the person a chance, if you like their personality, you're more likely to overlook the same difference you would have "filtered out" online.

Overall, I get a ton more attention in person because I'm quick witted, smart, and confident. I appear calm and easy going but genuine. Those sort of things can't really be conveyed online without forcing it, which goes in the face of all those traits.

What Girls Said 12

• Do you get attention more online?

Real life as I'm not online for attention while in real life I get attention regardless of what I do or want.

A dating site as my gal pals put up my picture on a dating site and I got more than 10,000 messages in under 30 minutes while normally I'm approached more than 20 times a day (I stop counting after 20 because the 21st guy who approaches me gets headf*cked for my annoyance) .

• Lol that must be really annoying

• cool - I'm not sorry then. "behavior has supported my lack of compassion and empathy for guys"

At least you admit you got issues.

• I don't have issues. I have a lack of compassion and empathy for guys because most act like you.

You're the one with issues going an insult rant saying a person is a whore and like dirt because they answered how much attention they get.

• Oddly I get more online,which I don't really understand.I look the same both in pics and in person but I have been told I don't look approachable and kinda arrogant(I am not).

• Funny how it's split up, girls get more attention online while guys get more attention in real life :)

As to me, it's actually balanced, I think I get a little more attention online though..

• i only get get attention online

• In real life.

- I get only a bit of attention online compared to real life.

Then again, it depends on what kind of attention you're talking about.

• in real life

• I only get attention online

• On line by men, real life by women. Go figure!

• In real life well I've never done a dating site caz I don't believe in online dating

• Online, I am not in the position to meet or see anyone in real life.

• Online, definitely.

I'm not on any dating site anymore, but when I was, I got a decent amount of attention. Not too much, not too little. It was fine.

In real life, random guys never pay much attention. I've only been asked out by a stranger in real life once, and it never went anywhere, haha! I don't mind it though, I like flying under the radar and minding my own business when I go out.

• pay for a TV ad about yourself... that will gather yourself a large audience. What kind of attention are you after?

What Guys Said 11

• Get way more attention in real life than I do online. But you said dating site. I haven't been on a dating site in years. And that was just for a few months. But when you say asked, do you mean romantic potential attention? I noticed that I get a lot attention on GAG, but only when it pertains to my advice and stuff. People email me for further elaboration and such. On Facebook, I know almost all of my friends in real life, so that's not considered online.

• Real life.

Then again I don't really post many pictures of myself online and solicit attention either.

• Yes and no. Maybe so?

• I get far more attention in real life.

• Definitely online

• online. I get almost no attention in real life lol

• Hmm... interesting question...

I probably receive more attention in real life - maybe 70% as opposed to 30% online.

In person, I can be a head turner with my good looks and style, but online, I'm just another dime-a-dozen male.

• I don't really get attention online or in real life lol

• Real life

• I get far more attention in real life. Unless you're in the top 10% of male looks, income and height, online dating is a scam for men. Better to learn how to flirt with girls in real life.

• In real life. Dating sites are a numbers game.