Guys this ones for you

Would you date a girl who was diagnosed with depression if she was on anti depressants and getting the help she needed or would you think she's got problems and leave her or not date her

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure! There is nothing wrong with going out on a date and having some fun :)

However, getting "serious" is another thing. I think it would depend on whether or not the depression was largely social (caused by a difficult environment) or if it was chemical (born with brain imbalance, perhaps due to genetics). I could pull out in either case, but if it was the first case, I might consider how trainable the girl is. She could learn my succesful way and be happy. If she is stubborn and strong willed, then probably no, since there would be nothing she could learn, and also no in the case of brain imbalance, so I can't fix nature.

What Guys Said 7

• Wouldn't date.

How can one emotionally support another if one cannot even emotionally support themselves?

Jedi talk.

• well,I would "date" her(,mostly as a friend in the beginning tho,then we'd see how things were going) & help her get through that

• Id date her, I have my own problems she would have to put up with lol

• i'm on anti-depressants myself so it wouldn't matter to me :)

• Yes I would, but it really depends on how things went before and during dating.

• I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they are getting help.

• It wouldn't bother me.

What Girls Said 2

• I had severe depression when I met my boyfriend but I didn't ever show it in front of people. Meds made it much better so when I have an occasional melt down my boyfriend is there for me so I'd say that there are a few at least

• Ok speaking from my perspective although I'm a girl I dated a guy who had so many problems and honestly it tooks it's toll on me. I guess it depends how bad they are tbh