Why are younger men interested in older women these days?

So I'm a member of this adult dating site recently and I'm flabbergasted by all these 20 somethings hitting on me! lol. I've even had a 18 year old try. Now I'm 38 years old and I've been off the market for 14 years. What on earth has changed boys? I mean I really like it but I get a complex that my body isn't going to be hot enough for them. Why are younger men hitting on older women now? Pleaseeee enlighten me! :) Oh, and should I have that complex about my body?

I DEF get it now. LOL! And as far as the body thing, well, they picked an older woman so Deal with it! Lol! I actually have a nice body but still, not 20. They def want someone more experienced and who is straight up, especially about what they want in the bedroom. Thanks guys!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a few different social changes interacting with each other.

For one, this generation of girls grew up on Disney princesses. So it seems like there are a lot of girls who want to be princesses and have these "prince-charming" and "Edward Cullen" standards for men, despite us entering an age of equality.

Think about it, we live in an era where unmarried women out-earn unmarried men, yet "going dutch" is considered to be the worst first-date mistake. Because "A man who doesn't pay for me is cheap." (What does that make YOU then?)

So we have a lot of girls saying "you should love me as I am, no matter what". Or more specifically "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best." Yet then they turn around and say "I deserve nothing less than a 'real man'." and expect guys to change for them. Or fantasize that they can change "the Beast" into "the Prince".

I'm not saying this is "just how girls are", nor am I necessarily saying this is the majority. It's just become the "popular standard". So by choosing an older, more experienced, and less pop-influenced woman, we feel we would be appreciated more for who we are and less for things like status. So oddly enough, an older woman seems to have a newer perspective.

There's also more pressure these days to go for women outside the popular standard. But there are some things you just can't "socialize" out of guys. For instance, it seems like most guys would prefer an older woman with a healthy body over an obese but younger woman.

What Guys Said 9

• Because I can't stand girls my age. They are flakes, losers, drug users, and immature as all hell. They are also usually only concerned about money and whether or not you have a sox pack.

Older women have their act together. They know what's important and not important. They are appreciative and experienced. In all the best ways. ;)

• Older women know what they want, they don't play games as much, they text back right away, call back right away, keep more commitments to meet up, have better conversational skills and if you have a nice body we want an experienced vag on us.

• I agree with what most are saying. Personally for me I find older women more attractive because they're more mature. I like women who are independent, know what they want, and intelligent (not that younger women can't be all that, but it's way more common in older women).

SHOULD you have the complex about your body? No, but it's definitely something that a lot of women (and men) experience and can be tough to shake (speaking from experience). I can't speak for all men, but where we might seem to hold high standards for a woman's body, when it gets to the point where we're seeing all of your body, there is little that will deter us.

• It's attractive to chase a more mature woman, a lot of guys will see her as more experienced and attractive older women are generally a huge turn on.

• I'd make a joke about jelly bottoms, but that's not nice :O

• Getting real sick and tired of the bullsh*t from girls our age... plus a fit cougar shows she really takes care of her self, unlike most women at that age! I find that hot!

• Older women are hot and much more mature.

• I think because they are getting tired of the immaturity of a lot of the women in this day & age. Hearing some of the Q&As on this website I swear was coming from a 10 year old.

• haha that goes both ways

• I need a like button. lol

• @FrozenFire you are absolutely right. Maybe even more so for the males.

When a 26 year old man asks which Pokemon is your favourite. Or if Chuck Norris & Little Wayne got in a fight, who would win. I scratch my head in awe. And who gives a f*** what kind of donut I like!. Haha, & to think these people are giving life changing advice.

• That's because it is assume that once a woman reaches a certain age, she's not actively seeking out marriage with a younger man. Younger women are perceived as more picky as to who they'll sleep with or date, so for these guys, they either get rejected by the younger women or don't want to deal with them. An older woman is more likely to be a bit more humble and have less drama, plus the relationship is based primarily on sex, not mutual interests due to the age gap. This suits the needs of many young men just fine, and also a fair number of older women who prefer not to date men in their own age range.

What Girls Said 3

• They like someone more mature and experienced. More fun and less drama than younger girls possibly. Also, some guys just like older women. And most guys are not as picky about women's bodies as women are. I think society has loosened up in the last decade, too. Not as many dumb rules about stuff, so young guys feel like they can date older women.

• 1st and foremost there are plenty of older women that take care of themselves and have beautiful bodies so that's a terrible assumption. Also, since when were men not picky bout womens bodies? Men are super visual and very physical beings, so I highly disagree w you there.

• Just enjoy it ;) It'll make you want to look and think younger while you're having fun.

• younger boys like milfs lol

• ok I HAVE to know, what is a Milfs? That's the second time I've heard that today! Lol!

• LOL. It stands for "Moms I Like Fxcking" "Moms I Like To Fxck"