Are looks the first thing you look for in a relationship?

Id like to know how important morals and values are to teens in a relationship .Would you date some one just because there hot or popular to get more attention or be more popular or because he had a car or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger, that was the first thing that I looked for but now that I'm older I look for mutual interests and a good personality. I'm not saying that looks aren't important because of course I need to be attracted to the person but it's a relationship for me is not based on looks alone.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not a teen but I can say that morals, values, personality, lifestyle, how we get along...all those trump the looks card any day. Popularity is not even something I worry about.

• What about when you were younger in middle or high school?

• Back in high school? Nope, I was too busy being angry teenager. I was never one to worry about popularity. But I knew plenty of other people that were.

• looks are what attracts me initially, yes.

• For me, no, but I need someone who takes care of themselves. At first, I wasn't totally attracted to my boyfried, but he has the greatest personality and I've never had someone treat me so well. This is exactly what attracted me to him, and to me he's the sexiest man alive!

• alright...i was going to give you a nice answer but then I realized something. it says you are 40 on your profile. And you describe yourself as an "older guy" which means your addressing younger people. This question is about what TEENS value in a relationship now? I mean c'mon...I'd like to be nice but are you a pedo?! I also noticed in your profile that you had a picture of what looked like a 14 year old girl that you labeled "my girlfriend".

...

• I asked about teens because that is the prevailing age group and would recieve a better response my girl freind is a 22yr old pre vet med student at you of I who knows what she wants in life! I search the questions in the thirty plus catagory but the amount of people in my age group are limited I filled out a reality check about five days ago that has not even been viewed yet so that goes to show that my age group is limited .no I'm not a pedo! but thanks for your concern

• Thats what I thought! or maybe she was sexually abused! its ok I'm not mad at her response though I was at first

• No I'm not vag...when I realized his girlfriend just looks young I wrote in another comment and apoligized. I do not think he is a pedophile.

• Looks are what attracts me and puts the guy into "potential category".

• My last 2 gfs I didn't ask out according to there look this time I'm real happy how it turnd out last time turn out pretty good also so I was wondering what others thought

• Did they know you weren't attracted to them? How did that work? I don't think I would like a guy to date me if he wasnt attracted to me

• No they didn't know it was kind of strange how I hooked up with my current girlfriend .i was shopping she was the cashier she said did you find every thing your looking for ok? I said every thing but a girl freind she said I'm probablely to young for you we asked each others age and said yes your to young. but I went home thought about it and decieded she was interested by what she had said so I asked her out ,we have lived together for six mo, and have a great realationship

What Guys Said 3

• Absolutely, as it is the very first thing you see about another person before you get to know them better. Once you get to know them better, then you decide if their personality and morals matches their looks. If so, good news! If not, too bad!

• hell no... what is the point in dating a girl if you don't care about her personality and morals? there is no point. a lot of guys I know do date someone just becuase they're hot, but I prefer to get to know a girl and then see if I'd date her

• Am I the only wise 1-that sees a problem with a woman

just liking a guy based on looks?

The knock is after awhile looks fade than what do chicks look for.

It's sad to see how judgemental chicks are.

And how they just don't see the big picture

• Amen brother... when I read the question I was thinking... I couldn't give a sh*t what kind of car or anything they have... but maybe that's just cause I'm not a looker lol