Does a woman judge a man by his kiss?

My mother told me that it is very important, but I think that is totally superficial, love is the most important thing. It bothers me allot. If it is true that most women judge a man according to how he kisses, why is that so? It doesn't make sense to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• well, to me, I wouldn't judge...b/c that guy might not think I'm the best kisser in the world either...and if I really had feelings for him, I wouldn't want him to base any kind of relationship on that alone, instead of me as a person...

What Girls Said 7

• Love aside.. the way I look at it is that if a guy sucks at kissing, then what are the odds that he's gonna be good at anything else physical. Call it shallow, stupid, whatever you want but that's how I view things. Love is just 1/3 of a good relationship.. the other 2 parts are friendship nd the physical aspect of the relationship.

• The odds are there. "A kiss is just a kiss" (casablanca lol ). What if you sucked at kissing and a guy refused you? How would you feel?

• Then id face the facts nd practice. I don't suck so this isn't really a problem of mine

• That is so funny

• It may sound superficial, but how you feel after a kiss someone gives you is a huge indicator of if there's potential for a happy relationship. You should never feel like you just kissed a dead fish, or worse... your great grandmother. I've kissed a wide variety of guys, and can tell you that there's only 3 that have left an impression on me. One of them is my current crush- and that helps fuel the fire. It's all in the passion my friend! Love IS the most important factor, but can you fall in love with someone who kisses you all wrong?

• Passion is short lived... unfortunetaly. Like getting angry and then afterwards cooling down again. Or having a roller coaster ride then afterwards getting off feeling sick. Love on the otherhand is eternal. Passion comes and goes. This may be a reason why so little relationships lasts... Because people base it on temporary things...

• I disagree. I know many couples who share such a passion, and have been married for over 2 decades. I even know some very saucy couples that are pushing 50 years together. I think you may be confusing what I'm talking about with lust. Those are 2 very different things. Lust definently fades. Passion is more than just the physical stuff. It's a general strong attraction (physical, mental, emotional, etc.)

• Wow those couples must be a match made in heaven then I guess. I didn't misunderstand you though ;)

• Well I do not think that all women judge a man by the way he kisses her...I judge a man by the way he treats me...and the way a guy kisses is important...because if we are going to have a relationship with you long-term especially we want to want your kisses..we like being kissed, and if you are a bad kisser...well we know then that we will have a kissless relationship, and what good is that?

• But if you truly love each other can't you make the kiss work? Be experimental or later on get used to it? Or maybe coach him into kissing you right? Maybe the 1st even 10th kiss may be "non-chemistry", but could chemistry be created?

• That sound a bit.... irrational. Is love just based on some "spark" or feeling with no logic behind it?... As far as I think, "chemistry" belongs in the science labs and not in relationships.

• Well I disagree as love is a science all in its own. Studies show that when someone falls inlove certain chemicals are released in the brain intensifying your feelings. So yes chemisty is involved. And my answer totally is rational..because if you do not have a intial "spark" why would you be kissing someone in the first place?, and once you kiss them and it is not a good kiss..why would someone keep pursuing a bad kisser.?.love could not happen in this situation..bad kiss = no love..

• yes I can't stand a guy that doesn't kiss, or kisses to much, or slobbers, or chokes you out with his tongue this is true!

• you can't think of it as the way you kiss, but yeah there are definitely people I have not wanted to date because the kiss was no good. Not because they were bad, more like there was no spark. The only problem is you can't go around being nervous about it because that takes away the passion that could be there!

• i think a kiss is very important. I've liked guys for a long time then when it came to kissing they didn't pucker up, didn't even move their lips noootthhinng. so basically it was a one way street with the kiss it sucked. just make sure you don't have lazy lips pucker up and give her a good one lol =]

• Well if I'm not enjoying his kisses there probably is no chemistry.

• Isn't there a chance that chemistry can come later on?

• Why would you continue to waste time with someone that you feel nothing for? chemistry is like lust or whatever. it's important because it just is. you're talking about love in other comments, but if a woman is judging a guy by his kiss obviously they are not even close to being on "love status" so that doesn't even come into play

• I don't know. I think it cheapens love to minimize it to chemicals in the brain. Love is much more than that, and scientists will never nor should ever find it out in their lab studies. It gives a sense that we are mindless animals on test tubes and when we smell or feel a "spark" we run after it like the above mentioned... It makes me sad.

What Guys Said 3

• No mate. A guy could be the best kisser in the world, and beat his girlfriend. I don't think that would be a good relationship.

You're right, a relationship is based off of love, and you wanting to be with each other. Taking time out of your personal time to just be with your other whenever you can. Always thinking of them even when they're not there with you.

I would say the only physical thing that matters in a relationship is sex. Now yes this is reserved for later in the relationship but once you have both been together it's a common practice, and you both need it to keep the old spark alive.

So no a girl isn't going to throw you out of her life just because your a bad kisser. Lets say this...

If every women did this there would be no married people... no babies, no you!

This is because people that have never kissed someone would not know how, so they would just be turned down with no chance. The race would die out!

• I wouldn't say women judge too much, but it is surely plays a part. Emotional and physical development, not too mention compatibility are many factors. Don't worry about it though, if you've got a great personality, I'm quite sure you'd get more than second chances to have a great kiss.

• i know its for women butttt...if I am with a girl and she can't kiss then I will realllly be put off going out with her. she has to be able to use her lips and kiss gently and softly rather than just stick the tongue in there that's so annoying.