I'm starting to lose my good friend since I started dating this guy.

I had a good guy friend who I talked to pretty much everyday. We would flirt occasionally but it was nothing serious. I recently started dating someone so I told him about it and now he doesn't text or call me that much anymore.

He always makes me laugh and we have great conversations, and I miss talking to him and hanging out with him. Why won't he talk to me like he used to? What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like he likes you and either he's too shy to tell you or he was hoping that one day he'd get some sign that you liked him too. He's acting this way because he's jealous

You should ask him why he's been distant recently. Be careful because since he probably like likes you, you don't want to put him on the defensive. But you can tell him that you miss him being around and talking to him. Let him know that just because you're dating someone doesn't mean that you suddenly don't need him in your life. Don't let on that you think he likes you because that will probably result in him getting defensive.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Dating has many different ideas behind what that very word means. For some people it means you date one person at a time exclusively until it becomes more or you move on. For others it means dating multiple people at the same time and then you drop the ones that you don't like.

Generally most guys will take you telling them that your going out with someone other than them, as an indication that they are not what your looking for. They will see "dating" as a one guy at a time exclusively.

I personally like simple and straight forward. You may just want to mention to him that you'd like to get coffee (or drinks) with him sometime. Unless of course, you don't intend on going beyond flirting lol.

• Choosing another guy, after he's put so much of him towards you, makes him feel worthless, compared to another guys short effort.

,

Either date him if you like him, or let him go completely for a while.

don't petty him, he knows he failed, doesn't need to be reminded.

,

If you wanted him to grow some balls, before, you should have reminded him what to fight for.

• He likes you but is too shy to tell you. So he stayed your friend and now that he lost his chance with you, he's moving on.

What Girls Said 2

• He never wanted to just be a friend. He was waiting in the wings hoping you'd date him.

• I don't think he wanted to be "just friends" with you. And I think you should just forget about him because he must not be that good of a friend if he would stop talking to you just because you started dating someone else.