I'm wondering if it's possible to find someone on this site?

In my town there are no girls that really spark my interest. I am open to dating someone even from another country, even another continent, and obviously the distance and money would be a factor, but I would of course plan to travel sooner or later to see her, no matter the distance. Its just finding an attractive girl that is also interested in me that is the tough part. But the lack of quality girls in my town is really depressing to me. They're all gone. Nobody worthwhile has ever been interested in me either around here. Online dating sites also suck.

Honestly if I could find a great girl on here that would be cool at this point. I'm almost getting to the point where I'm seriously considering it and as lame as it feels I really think it might be the only potential avenue for finding someone right now. I'm a really great guy. Gentle, compassionate, and caring. Ambitious too. And not too ugly lol ;) How many girls would even be open to someone online here on GAG, even someone a great distance away possibly?

If this question goes well I can even list the things I'm looking for in a girl. But I will hold off for now.

Most Helpful Girl

• GAG isn't a dating site, so I'd never actively use it for that purpose. But if you just happen to come across someone by chance, then why not?

• That's what I'm saying. I know that, but it's just an online community. All the users are real people, it's just that they're connected in a way that they normally wouldn't be. We wouldn't otherwise meet these people or have a chance to interact with them in real life, or out in the world.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't recommend online dating. But if it's the only solution for you, then go for it.

• Its possible if both of you were getting along but its not recommended though.

• I mean, you could if that's how you two were meant to meet. But instead of saying online dating sites suck, you should give them a try. I think you'd have a MUCH better chance on those than on here to actually find someone.

• Tried a few here and there, quickly cancelled my accounts. They all either full of fake profiles, girls with impossible standards to live up to, or "uglies" or "crazies" lol. On here I've run into some pretty cool people that actually chat and seem like very interesting, real people. I've just had a much better experience here.

• You can also try Facebook... it seems more legit to me.

• There's no one that I'm interested in on FB that I know, or on my friends list. There used to be a girl that I liked a few years ago, but that whole thing got ruined. Ever since, nobody.

• if you are my ex then yes I would be interested...

What Guys Said 1

• I'm assuming you haven't gone off to college or university yet. You'll meet tons of new people when you go and you can go tons of different places out of state or province or wherever take your pick. You'll be stumbling over pretty girls with every step.

If you are off at school and are bored maybe just finish up your year and go backpacking or move out for a month to a nice city or town and just start networking, going out to bars and events, public areas and meet new people. Finding someone on here would be a long shot, try more places closer to home man, you'll find ladies trust me

• No I am college age, but have stayed home to attend the local college. All of the good girls went away to state universities and everything. The demographic around town now, for people my age is pretty low class. The only reasons there are upper class families in the area now are the school system and the commute isn't all too bad since we have the freeway going through the area and down into the city. There's nothing fun to do in the immediate area, I can understand why everyone my age left.

• I think you should do it, you sound like you need to get outta wherever you are and live a little

I wish I would have ever had the money to go to college or university.