Am I being a pushover?

Last night we were just relaxing in bed when my boyfriend suddenly said "omg I don't think I can go back to dating the kind of girls I dated before, they were so demanding. You're so chill, you've raised the bar so high." At first I was like...ok. But now it suddenly occurred to me that maybe I'm a pushover in this relationship? I like to give the guy space in a relationship and just accept and love them for the people the are. But am I doing it to the point that I'm being a pushover? I do put my foot down when my boyfriend does things I don't like, but that rarely happens.

Guys is the girl being too meek when you find them super chill?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't sound like a pushover. Because if you were, you'd feel it in your gut. If you are vocal when something isn't floating your boat, you're standing on good grounds. A bad sign would be saying yes to him when you really want to be saying no. There doesn't have to be conflict in a relationship. If things are chill and the arguments are few and far between, more power to ya! ;)

What Guys Said 2

• No, you're fine the way you are. Makking demands on people is't going to change them, anyway. It just makes them feel unwanted and disrespected.

You're more likely to get better behavior from someone when yoou accept them, and just gently make suggestions about how they could be better.

• I think you're in the clear. If you're both happy then what's wrong? If you were being a pushover I'm sure there would be signs of him taking advantage of you and such, don't sweat it until you see some real signs of problems. Just enjoy your relationship with him, he likes you and it was a compliment :)

What Girls Said 2

• You're just over analyzing. Take the compliment, he meant it

• I think maybe you're over thinking it just a bit. I'm sure he meant it as a good thing, guys can just have weird wording sometimes. If you're both happy, that's all that matters. I'm sure you'd feel like a pushover if you were one. He really likes you :]