Why doesn't he treat me the same as he did in our honeymoon stage?

We've been dating for a year now and the beginning of our relationship was amazing! He always told me he loved me and never wanted to loose me or let me go, he'd tell me how pretty I looked.

Now, he calls me stupid and clumbsy. Hardly says he loves me, maybe over text if I'm lucky. Never cuddles or pillow talks, just smash and go to sleep.

I feel no matter how long we've been dating he should still strive to give me those butterflys, not treat me like a bro with a vag.

what do I do? HELP!

Most Helpful Girl

• In the beginning of a relationship, we are all on our best behavior. We bring the best of ourselves and bring our A-game to hopefully have the person fall for us. Then when the relationship progresses who we really are comes forward. We aren't always on our best behavior anymore because we figure we've got that person hooked and they will stay. You fell for his a-game and now he feels he doesn't have to try anymore because you'll be there. Not everyone is like this though, that would be a generalization but I feel this is true in your case

You have a couple of things you can do. You can:

1) you could talk to him about this. Not in a needy way ex: "you never say you love me anymore! Why not!?!" That won't get you anywhere and will more than likely push him away. Try something like: "we have some really good times together. I really love when you do xyz, it makes me feel so hot/sexy/loved/etc." This frames the problem in a positive way and let's him know behavior that makes you happy. I would say most guys like to make their girls happy too.

2) accept him the way he is and accept the way things are because they may not change

3) break-up with him

Best of luck!

What Guys Said 1

• you probably gained some weight.

What Girls Said 2

• Once couples have been together for a while, the chase is really over, the honeymoon phase is over, and you've become so comfortable with each other that you're not afraid to be off your best behavior. It takes effort to maintain a healthy relationship and COMMUNICATION IS KEY. You also have to get creative so you don't get lost in a routine.

Best of luck!

• Talk to him! Being together for a longer period of time does NOT give him the excuse to act this way. People use the excuse that they are comfortable orsomething like that, well it doesn't have to be that way :) this is coming from personal experience. I've been with my man for almost 5 years and we still have all the good lovey sides of our relationship along with being comfortable with each other. Just talk to him, tell him the things you miss and don't appreciate, most of all tell him that you will not put up with feeling like one of the guys. Sometimes that's all a guy needs, if this all continues you shouldn't put up with it though