How can you tell if a flirty girl is interested in you?

A friend of mine is generally quite energetic and flirty, to many people.

Thing is, it's hard to tell if she has much special interest in me. When we chat, she gets super excited and leans pretty close, staring right into my eyes. She seems to touch a lot, too, but it's hard to tell if she's just touchy-feely. She usually jumps at the chance to hug me and always says "love ya!" every time we split ways.

We also "went out" once I suppose. It was hard to tell if it was a date, since neither of us really "date" traditionally. She paid for me, though, right off the bat.

I mean, from that paragraph, it seems obvious, but you'd have to know her in person. It's kinda confusing, and I would rather not get the wrong idea and get burned by it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a huge "flirt" as well, though it's completely unintentional. That's just how I am with people I'm friendly with. I love hugging, cuddling, sharing food, physical contact, spooning, lap-sitting and snuggling in general. If I make eye contact with someone while talking to them, I'm just making sure they are paying attention, and showing them that I trust them as a person. On the "love ya" note, that's how I say goodbye to all of my friends, male or female, accompanied by a big hug, or me jumping in to their arms and them spinning me around (if they are stronger than me).

So, If I were to judge based on the first paragraph alone, I would say that she doesn't necessarily have romantic feelings for you. I do "date" kind of often, but I would never pay for a date, especially not with someone I really like. However, if I like someone, but am not on a date with them, I will only pay for them if I really care about them. So because of that, I would say there's hope. If she pays for your meal and hers, and it's not a date, or your birthday, or something she's celebrating, she could very well like you.

What Girls Said 8

• Just from what you are saying here she probably likes you at least a little (or at the very least as a friend). I wouldn't do those things if I didn't consider a guy a friend or like him more than that.

But since she seems to have a warm open personality it is hard to tell. I suggest maybe finding out from the other perspectives of those around you if it seems to them that she likes you as more than a friend.

(If other people think she truly likes you maybe casually hint or joke that you think she likes you and see how she reacts?)

• AS a fellow flirty girl me and her sound very much alike. I would say she does. I would do the same things to get re-asurance that you're into me and hopefully you'll ask me out or something. Especially if the guy hasn't told me I'm just a friend or anything.

• it seems positive at times. at times negative. she seems to never follow thru. her last boyfriend moved his stuff out while she was at work. she came home to an empty house.

• Sure yeah. If she does this to everyone it is very hard to tell. And a woman paying for you is kinda weird, I've done that for a guy before still not sure why I did. I was high on feeling good about myself and being kind I guess, not like I was rich or something :P, he was going to pay probably. You can't tell unless you ask them.

• A flirty girl would probably just be open and ask you out. I think she just thinks of you as a friend.

• she sees you as a good friend.

• flirty girls are usually that way because they want attention(whether they realize that or not!) so if she starts asking you about your life and seems genuinely interested then she probably likes you, or at least sees you as a potential love interest...

• sometimes I think she might be interested. two nights ago she was putting on lipstick by me. it seemed flirty. but I can't tell if its genuine.

• That sounds like me, am very flirty and touchy I tend

To lead guys on easy, when I don't mean too

If she's like me, I would say she's just friendly in a flirty way

So basically she sees you just a friend

• that's very possible...just wish she would tell me either way lol

• I would make a comment like "I will take you out today." She will be "Sure!". Then it is a date.

If she doesn't protest or say "we are just friend, right." then it means she probably like you. A girl doesn't say she "love ya!" if she doesn't have some feeling. Trust me, I energetic and kind touchy. However, if I avoid touching someone, then I don't lihe.

If I treat someone like a great guy friend and make time to hang out, eat, and go play sport with him, then it means I really want a good friendship and hope that maybe he might mature or look at me the same in the future. People just don't waste time with people they don't like, really.

What Guys Said 3

• One way to find out for sure. Go on a "date", and kiss her at the end.

• Chicks like that are just super attention whores. Don't allow your time or energy to be played with.

The best way to know if a flirty girl is interested in you is by letting her know you want to get in her pants, and you're going to try to get in there too.

• You must look beyond what you see.