Would you go on a date with someone you're not attracted to?

Would you agree to go on one date with someone who you personally found unattractive? An acquaintance asked me out. All of our brief interactions have shown me that he is a nice enough guy. But I'm not attracted to him at all, and I can't ever see that changing. I also don't see myself ever being in a relationship with him. Should I agree to one date just to be nice, or should I just avoid the situation altogether and say no. My friends think I should go on a date with him just for the experience, but I'm afraid that doing so will make it seem like I'm interested in being more than friends and that he'll want to go on additional dates after that. Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should go if you're not attracted to him at all. Realistically if you don't fancy him it won't go anywhere, and you'll just be leading him on. That's just my opinion though, I know a lot of people think attraction grows over time...but personally I think that refers more to someone who's looks you're on the fence about.

What Guys Said 6

• I think that you should say what you want to say , so if you don't see him like that then just tell him and it will probably be easier for both of you , but then again that just me and you may want to listen to your friend and go on and see how it goes .

• No please don't go on this date with him it will just lead him on and really hurt him and end your friendship or you could make it a group hangout or something and make it very clear to him that you two are just friends.

• No, I wouldn't want to sting a person on.

• I could never go on a date with somebody I didn't find attractive. You shouldn't go in a date with him in my opinion

• If you go you are leading him on. If you aren't interested you should tell him.

• No. It isn't fair to either party. It's not fair to lead them on, and it's not fair to waste my time on someone I know I'm not interested just to boost my ego momentarily.

What Girls Said 5

• No I couldn't go on a date with someone I'm not attracted to.

Just be honest with him. Don't say "I find you a munta" obviously haha, but just be honest. The fact your friends are saying you need the experience, I'm going to guess that either you don't have much luck in love or just come out of a relationship. Either way, you can say you don't want to hurt him and want to stay friends.

Good luck :)

• I haven't had much experience because I want to an all-girls' school for most of my life, so being in college where guys are everywhere is a whole different ball-game for me. I wasn't really exposed to guys all that much before so I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I've had some brief relationships, but they didn't go anywhere, mostly because I guess I'm still holding onto my idea of the perfect guy and no one has quite measured up. :-/

• I can sympathise, I was at an all girls school until I was 7. It's different obviously, but I understand the...shock? It's so different to what you're used to.

Everyone has that idea of the perfect man or woman, even the ones who have been around them years! You'll never shake it. But that being said, you shouldn't go out with someone you don't like just because you want to settle. Someone will come along, I promise :)

• If you don't feel comfortable don't do it. Maybe put the disclaimer out there sure we can go on a friendly date as friends. You never know get to know him. I believe in doing it if they've haven't been a jerk because I enjoy a random human experience.

• No, just don't...

Save yourself time and his.

Don't force yourself to go.

Just politely tell him you're not interested, if he asks why. Tell him you don't find him attractive and leave it at that.

• Don't lead him on. If you don't see it going anywhere, don't go in a date with him.

• I've done that many times in the past because I thought it would grow stronger, but it never did so I just dumped them. One guy that I worked with got so mad, he started throwing things around.