HELP Clingy Guy I'm Not Even Dating--what should I do?

So this guy was in my group for one of my classes and all through the semester he'd ask me to go everywhere with him (casually) and I kept turning him down. Realizing his interest in me, I started to become more and more distant but the more distant I became, the more clingy he became. He'd always find me around campus and try to make awkward small talk and then he'd try to convince me to go to lunch with him all the damn time. Then he asked me out on a date directly and I told him I just didn't see him that way. Now he's still trying and he won't LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. He keeps texting me and calling me and I just don't respond.. I thought I was perfectly clear when I turned him down, what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him to fcuk off, and mean it. Threaten him to call the police if he keeps on bothering you. Let everyone in your social circle know about this and how dangerous this guy might be. He might only be a nice but socially awkward guy but it's better to play on the safe side.

What Guys Said 4

• Just once, in particular have a discussion with him and tell him that you are NOT IN ANY WAY interested in him and can't be in future either. Tell him clearly, without being sweet or generous. And later on just completely ignore him. No friendtalk, calls, texts just nothing. He might be angry, curse you etc. but its worth both of your time and emotions. And don't bother much about it, everything'll soon be back to normal. And you're going to do a good thing anyways so best of luck :)

• Tell him you got a boyfriend , if it doesn't do anything tell him that its getting f***ing creepy and then go on with what "drjohno" said .

• He must either have problems involving clinginess, he simply doesn't get the message, or he must want you for "other" purposes. If you have to, lie to his face about you having a boyfriend, and make sure you have a good story to back it up. I usually don't encourage lying, but this time it's crucial. If he still won't leave you alone, then notify the authorities, and all your friends about him, and STAY AWAY FROM HIM AT ALL COSTS!

• just tell him you have a boyfriend now.

and for future reference if you suspect someone coming on to you who you're not interested just say something about your boyfriend whether you have one or not. sane guys will get it and leave you alone.

What Girls Said 2

• if you're not going to be rational about it. don't expect him to be.

you have to tell him calmly. clearly. that you do not want him in your life. period.

and this has nothing to do with him being clingy. you wouldn't like him if he backed off, or if he ignored u. you just don't like him, that's enough. you needn't add insult to injury by attacking his character.

just deal with it in reality instead of freaking out about it internally. which will only agitate you because it will feel like u've done something when you haven't.

• Keep ignoring him.block his number so you don't see it when he calls.some guys are just really thirsty

Oh and tell all your friends about him too