Single moms and dating, why do guys run?

Why do guys always run when they hear that I have a son? It's impossible to have a relationship anymore because of so. Why does the idea of dating someone with a kid so absurd to men? Thank you for your much-needed advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's just men and single mums, it's just as much an issue for single dads I think. Thing is, caring for and being a role model for children is a huge commitment. Even more so if those children aren't your own offspring. Most responsible people don't want to become involved with a single parent unless they reasonably think they would be prepared to share the responsibility for their children at some point in the near future. Since being ready to date and being ready to parent are not the same things, unfortunately this tends to narrow the pool of potential dates for single parents. On the plus side, it's also less likely that you will attract partners who will be irresponsible, immature or poor role models for your children. I think another reason people can be a little reluctant to date a single parent is that they may have considered they'd like to start a family one day and have kids of their own, and it seems less likely that somebody who's 'been there and done that' might be enthusiastic about that kind of venture. If you're looking to date, perhaps one option you might want to consider is actively seeking to meet single dads in your area; play groups, social meetings or online? Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 3

• most the time single parents = drama.

even single fathers go through the same crap single mother go thru.

Sometime things happen, I do wish you the best of luck, finding a guy who doesn't mind. just please don't rub it in the guys face that the child not his when y'all argue, no man want to hear that.

I dated many single mothers an many like rubbing stuff like that in my face. I'm not saying your that

type, but hopefully you'll find someone who will be there for you.

• I'm a humble person so that's not me to show off and rub things in people's faces. Trust me, I'm not drama either and neither is my son. He's the kid that everyone wished they had.

• because there is a lot of interference in dating. You have to be home by a certain time to put the kid to bed, couldn't find a babysitter so there is a chance of plans, can't go anywhere for more than half a day or so unless you can leave your kid at your parents.

Lastly the guy has to be at a point in his life where he wants kids and not all guys are ready for it.

• Thank you.

• you are welcome, I wish you good luck in finding the right guy :)

• Too much sh*t to deal with in the present and in the future. A lot of players will be attracted to you though, so there's that. The baby mama circuit is a great area to go into from what I hear.

If girls chose their partners more wisely, most of them wouldn't have this problem. Just a thought.

• I'm not a baby mama.

• Why do you care then? As long as you aren't opening your legs for just anyone or chasing after the "bad boys," you have less to worry about, but what do most girls do?

I think guys should do the same and I think they should wrap up too, but I'm talking to a guy right now, so that's irrelevant.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it does take a strong person to take care of someone else's child. many people don't want to take on the responsibilities that come with dating a single parent. I'm wondering - what are your expectations are from your potential partner?

• Because guys are selfish and selfcentered, didn't you know?