Have you ever had a negative outlook on the opposite sex and dating?

I was just wondering if I'm the only person who feels like this...

I was once engaged to a long term girlfriend, she cheated, and we broke up. Since then, I have dated, put myself out there, and I always end up hurt.

I've been led on by two different girls, "friend zoned" by two others after being there for them in difficult times in their lives, and completely stood up by a few others.

I've also tried online dating with Match.com and its even been nothing but negativity. After 6 months, only 2 girls have went on dates with me. We had a good time, they agreed to go out again, and then never heard from them again. (Not at the same time)

My question is has anyone else, guys or girls felt like I do now? I just feel like I've tried the best I can, put myself out there as much as I can, and its all backfired and hurt. Any suggestions? Am I alone in this feeling?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have felt like that many times in my life. But then eventually, a guy came around and I changed my mind. But then it never lasted and I was back to feeling the way you do now. I'll be 36 in a couple of days and I've pretty much given up hope that I'm going to find someone who's not going to turn into a disappointing and painful experience. It doesn't even bother me anymore, to be honest. I've been through so much sh*t the past year that I actually feel great knowing that I don't have to put up with any of that sort of thing anymore. Sure it would have been nice to meet that special someone and maybe have kids with him, but it never happened. And in the end, when I look at all the good and bad things all my relationships have brought, the bad outweighs the good, so it really isn't worth it for me.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, I have. It's easy to happen after a painful incident or a series of them. Trying to focus on positive things about your own self really can help. I actually had to stop dating for almost a year once after being burned really bad by a cheater.

What Guys Said 1

• I think most people have at some point. We all need a brake from time to time in order to get back in touch with who we are outside of a relationship. Maybe it's your time.