My boyfriend went away to college; what do I do guys?

my boyfriend went away for college three days ago. He is 8 hrs away.He says I can visit him which I will but it is kind of expensive.I go to school in the city.Since he's been up there its been OK, We talk everyday but sometimes I feel like its distant. I text him every morning when I wake up. He sometimes takes long to text I mean like hours.He can go over six hours with out txtin me and checking up on me.That irks me and sometimes he answers me with one word answers.I know its going to be hard. My boyfriend isn't very affectionate and that's a little hard because he's so far away I feel like sometimes I'm more of a friend then anything.i wanna know is it worth it?

PS. Before he went away I went to a party and ask some boy for his number.they boy know my boyfriend and told him and he was pissed and I told him I'm sorry,and he said that he took three steps back with me. I wanna hold him down but its so hard when he's so distant,can you guys please be honest and tell me your opinions on this situation,What would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell your boyfriend how you feel. Tell him that you want to feel connected with him but you feel has if he isn't making that possible. Let him know you would like more actual conversations with him rather than one word answers. Tell him this in a calm manner. Let him know you aren't coming down on him, it's just that you want to better improve your relationship. Reassure him of your love for him. It takes two to make it work. If none of your efforts pay off then you may have to think about ending things.

What Guys Said 3

• Why did you try to get another guys number?

• Cause I don't know he was cute and I was feeling sad cause my boyfriend was going away

Very stupid idea

• Well no wonder he's pissed at you. I'd be so angry if my girlfriend was out getting numbers. I'd question the relationship

• Yea I know he told me I have to prove myself now cause he docent believe anything I say. Ima hold him down tho I got this. I just hope he dnt turn around and do some dumb sh*t

• Be a ho like every other girl that is in a long distance relationship

• get a new bf.

• why you say that?

• I'm going to make you my fake girlfriend at least. Just don't die of cancer like manti te'o's girlfriend did.

What Girls Said 1

• This is one difficult situation you are facing as it is to do with the distance and its really tough to beat it! I would suggest you to talk to your boyfriend and tell him how you feel. It takes two to make the relationship work as the distance gets in the way so you both have to fight against the odds. All the best.