Booty Call Train to Nowhere

(never to dinner), but without hooking up, and some minor texting in between, things seem to have fizzled. By this point, we have hooked up (after the 3rd date) and even though we always sleep over afterward, now it seems I've boarded the booty train to nowhere.

Understandably, it has been a busy holiday season with both of us traveling, but if you actually like someone, you do everything possible to make plans to see each other in advance. Nope. Instead, I seem to get frequent late night calls/texts and plans only rarely.

Even asking this question feels stupid now, but as we are both busy, young people with lives of our own, could there possibly be any logical excuse for this behavior?

If on the booty call bus, is it at all possible to steer it somewhere else?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Unfortunately, it sounds to me as though he is using you as a booty call. The truly unfortunate part is your letting it happen. At this point you have three options: you can leave it as is and treat him as the same booty call, you can just say to hell with the entire situation, or (what I would recommend) switch it up. You want to know if its possible for the relationship to turn around and lead somewhere meaningful? Cut off the sex. Period. Start ignoring his calls for awhile and say you have plans when he wants you to come over. The reason things have "fizzled" is because he has what he wants without having to put forth any further effort. You can make it playful and see how he responds. Say something to the effect of " I can't come over tonight I've got plans with a co worker. But, maybe you can take me to dinner and a movie sometime soon". He will start learning that you are requiring more effort than just sex, and in doing so he will evaluate how important you are to him; thus, giving you the answer to your question.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd enjoy it for what it is.

If you really care, learn to project yourself differently.

• I'm sort of in the same position, but it's a role reversal. It sucks. I mean the sex is great, but it's the same thing. I ask her on dates and she's like "idk I think it'll complicate things. I'm not really ready for a relationship. When before she always said she missed me and wanted to go out/hang out more. So I don't know what's going on. I hope I can steer it towards a relationship cause I really like her but idk.

I don't really think there's a logical excuse for the behavior. I'm hoping it changes for me, but I don't know how to help myself. I'd suggest just hoping it turns into more.. and maybe talking to him about it?

• For you my friend, she said she wanted to hang out so she doesn't want to look like a slut. You should know this by the fact that when you do actually hang out she only wants to hook up.

She's just covering her tracks.

What Girls Said 1

• I was a booty call for quite a while and enjoyed the sex a lot. I didn't really like the guy and he probably also just wanted me for my ass, but I didn't really mind. As I didn't really like him, I didn't really want it to go somewhere but I think if you're a booty call, a relationship is far off.