Booty Call Train to Nowhere

(never to dinner), but without hooking up, and some minor texting in between, things seem to have fizzled. By this point, we have hooked up (after... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Unfortunately, it sounds to me as though he is using you as a booty call. The truly unfortunate part is your letting it happen. At this point you have three options: you can leave it as is and treat him as the same booty call, you can just say to hell with the entire situation, or (what I would recommend) switch it up. You want to know if its possible for the relationship to turn around and lead somewhere meaningful? Cut off the sex. Period. Start ignoring his calls for awhile and say you have plans when he wants you to come over. The reason things have "fizzled" is because he has what he wants without having to put forth any further effort. You can make it playful and see how he responds. Say something to the effect of " I can't come over tonight I've got plans with a co worker. But, maybe you can take me to dinner and a movie sometime soon". He will start learning that you are requiring more effort than just sex, and in doing so he will evaluate how important you are to him; thus, giving you the answer to your question.