Would you date a guy who is separated from his wife?

So I met this nice guy but come to find out he is still married ... he is in the military and he tells me she cheated on him when he was deployed. Now here is the kicker! he still lives there he says b.c he has 2 kids and he wants to be there for them & he says he can't just leave b.c if he does he won't be getting paid as much etc etc.

He tells me he stays at his friends house sometimes to avoid drama and that his wife thinks everything will work itself out but in his mind he won't b.c he had to come back on emergency leave b.c she tried to kill herself. I told him that with him being there it will work out but he refuses to think it wont. He says it happened last year but they have a 17 month old? here's the other thing he calls me babe and text me all the time but yet he just wants "friends" but always hints to me he wants something more.

Don't get me wrong this story is very very hard to believe it's why I'm asking I'm not going to put myself in that type of situation if I know for sure they are in fact together so what are the pros and cons?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not in a situation like that, hell no. He's still living with her...deal breaker. I don't care what he says to you, behind your back they're still having romantic, happy, and sexual moments. He's not even technically "separated" if he's still living there. That's just a guy who wants some sex on the side.

What Guys Said 2

• He's still married and honestly I don't believe him for a minute. Stop texting him back. Find a single guy.

• Women shouldn't do this,nothing good will come from this. Let the Marriage end, get Divorced and date if you like.

What Girls Said 1

• No matter what he says to make you feel important, the fact of the matter is that he is still married. If he's so concerned about her he can't move out, then there is no room for you in his life. Find a guy who's willing to step up to the plate.